3🐎

It's Sunday dinner and Poppy and Luke are telling everyone their news

Dad was so excited and then looked over at me... "When are you going to have a few?"

"Can't have any with your hand dad." I laughed.

I heard Damon laugh and he gave me a high five.

Everyone was excited about another baby and all I could think about was the waitress at the diner and the sadness in her eyes.

I need to get her name the next time I go in there.

After we ate dinner I decided to go for a run. I don't have a metabolism like Poppy. But running clears my mind for sure.

Sometimes I have that taste in my mouth that I want more dope and then I repeat in my head what I learned in treatment and sometimes I go home and journal it as they taught me.

There isn't anyone I talk to about how I feel I just bottle it up. I don't want to burden anyone with my shit.

"How have you been Hart?" Grandpa Daniel asked sitting down next to me.

"I'm good grandpa how have you been?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm great just busy with those preserves." He said patting me on the back.

After all the food was brought out we eat then I horsed around with the kids in the yard.

Owen had come in and we passed the football back and forth to each other. He's a really nice guy just like Luke.

"Did you play football in school?" Owen asked.

"Oh yeah, I was a quarterback in my last two years of high school." I laughed.

"I can tell by how you throw," Owen said.

Ryder ran over with the ball and I fell in the grass with him pretending that he was attacking me.

I love these kids so much and life wouldn't be the same without them and I'm happy for my sister that she's having another one.

A little while later I dismissed myself and went home and changed my clothes and headed out for my evening run.

I made five laps around before going back in and taking a shower. Wasn't much for me to do today because our horses were fine and no need to make shoes unless it to hang up somewhere.

My phone beeps and I pick it up off the kitchen counter.

📱 Hey meet us at the beer garden around 7 pm.

📱 Alright see you soon Ky!

I went back to the bedroom and changed my clothes. Put on a pair of Levi's and a V-neck shirt and my cowboy boots and a hat.

I sprayed on a little cologne on and headed out to my jeep.

"Going somewhere?" Damon asked.

"Yeah down to beer garden to meet up with my friends. Do you want to go?"

"Next time! I'm tired and ready to call it a night." He said.

"Alright next time!" I said getting in my jeep.

I head downtown and pull up at the beer garden and walked in seeing Ky right away. "Where's Brody?"

"He said he was on his way. How's it going?" He asked.

"It's going! Had a get-together with all of the family. Poppy told us she's expecting again."

"Again wow! How many does that make three?" He asked.

"Yeah this will be number three and everyone seemed happy about it," I said.

The waitress brought us a couple of beers and I drink mine slowly. "So how's Ranch life?"

"It's good I'm staying busy with the horses," I said just as Brody walked in and went over to grab a beer.

"Hey, assholes what's up?" He said sitting down.

"Just waiting on your ass." I laughed.

"Did you see those hot chicks over on the other side of the bar?" He asked.

"No Brody we were talking and didn't notice," I said rolling his eyes.

"How did the other night go with the chick you left with?" Brody asked.

"It didn't go how you think." I laughed.

"Why not?" Brody asked.

"She had a motel room across the road and before we could get in the room she was already naked and well we were about to complete the mission when she informed me she was a virgin and I left." I shrugged.

"You left? What is wrong with you? You didn't want that virgin?" Brody asked.

"You sicko no I didn't want a virgin. I told her to save it for someone that means something to her."

"Your stupid," Brody said.

"No, I agree with him," Ky said.

"Brody your not in my shoes. If girls hear who my mom is they just want to use me and what if she wasn't even of age."

"You have a good point," Ky said.

I finished my beer and looked up at the clock and it was 9:30 pm. "Well, you guys have a good night. I have to get up early in the morning." I said.

"Really? You're going to leave this early?" Brody asked.

"Some of us have jobs, Brody," I said throwing some money down and walking out.

Sometimes Brody rubs me the wrong way. Once out to my truck I could see a figure behind me in the Jeep window. I turned around and it was Tacha.

"Whats up Tacha?" I asked.

I've known her since high school and she had a huge crush on me and sometimes acts crazy when drinking.

"Hi, Hart! Want to get out of here together?"

"No sorry I have work early in the morning."

"Oh come on Hart." She said placing her hands on my chest.

I removed her hands and stepped back. "I have to go Tacha."

She stomped her feet. "Fine, I'll just go hook up with Brody."

"You do that Tacha," I said getting in my jeep and locking the door.

I cant stand when women throw themselves at me and that's what Tacha has been doing since high school.