23🐎

A couple of days have passed since the service and Christian was leaving today

A couple of days have passed since the service and Christian was leaving today.  I hated to see him go because Ayla really needs him.

She's still sick and I'm guessing it's her nerves. She cries a lot and well I can't imagine how she is feeling. All I can do is hold her and let her cry.

I walked into the kitchen and they were standing there drinking coffee. "Are you guys ready to go up to the main house for a big breakfast?"

"Sure I've only had Clara's cooking a few days but I'm sure going to miss it." Christian laughed.

We walked up to the main house and gathered around the table.

"Since it's Christian's last day I made a big Texas breakfast," Clara said setting bowls down on the table.

"Oh, Clara you have stolen my heart," Christian said putting his hand over his heart.

"Well over my dead body," Roger said half laughing.

"Oh, Rog hush! That boy is old enough to be my grandson." Clara smiled.

It was the best breakfast we have had in a while. Gravy, biscuits, egg, bacon, sausage, cooked apples, pancakes, and waffles.

"This is a lot of food Clara," Dad said.

"Only the best for my crew." She said.

Grandpa Jack said a prayer and we dug in and eat until we couldn't eat another bite.

We said our goodbyes and then headed back to the house to grab Christian's bag and back out to Ayla's jeep.

"I miss you already Christian," Ayla said.

"I'm going to miss you too sis but I'm happy that you aren't alone and still working in that diner." He said.

"Yeah me too." She said.

We pulled up at the airport and walked in with Christian until he boarded the plane.

We hugged him goodbye and watched him until he disappeared out of sight. I pulled Ayla in and she wrapped her arms around me.

"Ready to go home?" I asked.

"Actually I need to stop at a Walgreens if you don't mind." She said.

Before we arrived back in town I stopped and she went in to get whatever she needed and it wasn't long until she got back in the jeep.

"Get what you needed?"

"Yeah I needed some vitamins and I wanted some candy." She smiled holding up a small bag of jelly beans.

We arrived home and I went to go check on the horses while she stayed home cleaning up.

When I made it up to the stables Luke was in there with Worth and Brennon.

"Hey, guys!"

"Hey! Drop Christian off?" Dad asked.

"I did and Ayla was pretty sad," I said.

"I'm sure she was I mean that's all she has left," Brennon said.

"True but she has all of us and she fits in great with us," I said.

I went to check the horse's shoes and had worked on a few of them before returning back home and found Ayla in the kitchen making muffins.

"It smells good in here," I said wrapping my arms around her.

"Thanks I like to bake sometimes when I'm stressed and mom taught me how to make these muffins." She said.

"I'm sure they are great. I'm going to go shower I'm nasty after working on some of the horses." I said.

She just smiled at me and continued to stir.

I got a shower and when I got out I found her on the couch just staring out in space.

I sit down beside her and wrapped my arm around her. "I love you Ayla is there anything that you want to go do?"

"No I just can't stop thinking about my mom and I look over there and see her urn and it doesn't seem real." She said.

"I couldn't imagine how you feel and I know it's hard. Want to get your mind off of it? My friends Ky and Brody asked for us to come to the beer garden and have a few drinks." I said.

"We can go but I don't want to drink." She said.

"Well, you don't have to drink if you don't want," I said.

"Maybe I could invite Tiffany so I'm not the only girl there?"

"My friends will hit on her," I said.

"She can stand up for herself. Let me text her." She said.

We changed our clothes and headed down to the beer garden. I hope my friends didn't make fools of themselves.

We got out of my jeep and Tiffany walked over to us. She has been a good friend to Ayla at work and I'm glad she has someone other than me all the time.

"Hey, guys!" She smiled.

"Don't hold anything against me that my friends may say." I laughed.

"Never Hart." She laughed.

We walked in and I saw them right away at a table. I wrapped my arm around Ayla and made our way over. "Hey, guys!" I said as we sit down.

"Hart! We thought you forgot about us man!" Brody said.

"My priorities have changed a bit. Guys this is Ayla my girlfriend and her friend Tiffany." I said.

"Nice to meet you both," Ky said.

"Yeah... What he said. You both are gorgeous!" Brody said.

Tiff spoke up... "She's taken and I'm not interested."

"Oooh burn." Ky laughed.

"Let's go get a drink!" Tiff said.

I watched Ayla follow her over to the bar and she was actually smiling.

"So where have you been?" Brody asked.

"Ayla's mom was really sick and passed a few days ago so mostly just sticking by her side."

"Oh wow, that sucks," Ky said.

"Yeah, so I wanted to get her mind off of things," I said as she walked back over with a beer for me and a cocktail for herself.

Tiffany put two beers on the table. "Here you go num nuts." She said handing Brody a beer.

"Boy does she have your number. That's why I like you, Tiff." I laughed.