54🐎

The next afternoon at lunch I went home to get Ayla and Arrow to eat but I wanted to know about a doctor appointment

"Hey! Did you call?"

"I did! He can see me today at 4 pm. Do you think you can go with me, Hart?"

"Umm I'm not sure I mean I could ask dad but then he will ask if your sick and I can't lie," I said.

"Just tell him it's a checkup. It is a checkup so not a lie." She smiled.

"You are something else, Ayla. Yeah, I can't exactly say your pregnant."

"No, you can't do that Hart."

"Fine let's go to lunch and I'll ask him or tell him I have to leave at 3:30," I said picking Arrow up and bouncing him out to the side by side.

When we walked into the main house I asked mom where dad was and she said his office so now was my chance.

I walked upstairs and knocked on his door. "Dad, can I talk to you?"

"Sure son come on in. What's up?"

"I need to leave a little early today because Ayla has a doctor's appointment and she needs my help with Arrow."

"That's fine son whatever you need to do." He said.

"Thanks! What are you doing up here?"

"Just going over some paperwork." He said.

"Oh ok well it's time for lunch," I said before heading back downstairs.

I walked over to Ayla. "Dad said it's fine."

She smiled over at me. "Oh good, I'm so glad."

Clara walks over and places hamburger patties on the table with buns and toppings with different chips to choose from.

After lunch was over I went back to work with dad and Ayla said she would be ready to go when I get home.

I helped them work on the bathroom upstairs but my mind was on baby and I'm so glad we have four bedrooms because we may need them.

Once 3:30 came I told dad I was leaving and I would see him at dinner. I got on the side by side and headed to the house and when I walked in Ayla was sitting on the couch while Arrow was crawling around the floor.

"Ready to go?" I asked.

"Yeah, I am." She smiled.

I picked up Arrow and kissed his face before carrying him outside to the car seat in my jeep.

"Are you nervous?" I asked her.

"Super nervous. I'm hoping that I am pregnant." She said.

"I believe you are and don't be nervous it will be ok either way," I said squeezing her hand.

We park and I grab Arrow and his toy and we walk in. Ayla signs in and we wait until being called back.

When we get in the room Arrow is babbling a lot when Dr. Terry walk walked in.

"Well if it isn't Arrow! How are you guys doing?" He asked.

"We are good!" Ayla said.

"So what brings you here?" He smiled.

"Well same as last time. We want to have another baby and I took a test last night and it said pregnant so we wanted to make sure." She said.

"Well, you come to the right place. Let's get some blood work and then we will see if we can see anything." He said.

The nurse came and took blood and said the doctor would be back in.

Arrow kept up entertained until Dr. Terry walked back in.

"Just to confirm it you are indeed pregnant. Let's get a look on the monitor." He said as Ayla laid down and he squirted the gel on her stomach.

The room was quiet while Dr. Terry looked on the screen. "See this white ring right here? That is your baby. So you are around three weeks so way too early for anything really."

"Well you know it was three weeks when we decided to ditch the condom." I laughed.

"Hart really?" Ayla laughed.

"That's how it works Ayla." Dr. Terry laughed.

"Yeah, I'm aware doc." She giggled.

"Make sure to start your prenatal and make an appointment for in a month and we will check things again." He said.

"I will," Ayla said.

"It's good to see you Arrow." He said.

"Dada doo." Arrow babbled.

"That was a mouthful little guy." Dr. Terry said walking out the door.

I couldn't help but laugh when he walked out the door and Ayla was looking at the sonogram picture. "Can you believe that is our baby?"

"What that circle?"

"Yeah, that's what he said." She said putting them down in her purse.

We walked out and Ayla stayed behind to make an appointment and I headed to the car with Arrow.

I put him in his car seat and handed him his toy.

"No dada." He said.

"What's wrong? Why no Arrow?"

He started kicking his feet and crying so I took him back out of the car seat and cuddled him.

I laid him down in the front seat and changed his diaper and cuddled him and kissed his head before putting him back in his seat.

Ayla walked out and had a strange look on her face. "What's going on?"

"He got fussy and turns out he had a stinky butt." I laughed.

I looked back at Arrow and he had his fingers holding his nose.

Ayla laughed as she got in the jeep. "You are a stinker Arrow."

Arrow giggled all the way home. He is such a happy kid and I hope the next one is the same.

"So we were working on the upstairs bathroom today," I said.

"How did that go?" It's going to be nice but nothing like the master bath. I can't wait to soak in a tub with you."

"Oh is that so Hart?" She smiled over at me.

"If Arrow naps when we get home I'm going to get you naked and we are going to celebrate the new you know condom-free." I smiled.