25🐎

I spent most of the day setting up something romantic for Ayla

I went to the local jewelry store and bought her an engagement ring today and I'm planning on proposing to her tonight.

Dad helped me to put twinkling lights around the gazebo to make it romantic and I can't wait for it to get dark.

Clara fixed us chicken carbonara with garlic bread and dad actually told me what bottle of wine to get that didn't taste like shit.

"Ayla where are you?" I called out.

"In the bathroom! Be right out!"

I sit on the bottom of the bed and when she walked out I smiled at her. "Hey!"

"Hey there! Why are you smiling like that?" She asked.

"I have something special planned for us tonight," I said pulling her into my arms.

"Oh really? How do I dress?"

"What you have on is fine. We aren't going far." I said kissing her lips.

Once it got dark Dad texted that the food was under the gazebo and the lights were on.

"Ok, I'm going to put a little blindfold on you ok?"

"If you must Hart." She smiled.

Once the blindfold was on I walked her outside and over to the gazebo.

When I pulled the blindfold off she gasps. "Wow, this is beautiful Hart."

"I'm glad you think so because it's all for you. Clara made us food and dad picked the wine." I smiled leading her under the gazebo.

"I'm not sure what I did to deserve this but thank you." She said.

I helped her to sit on the pillows that are on the floor of the gazebo and there was a little table in between us.

I opened the containers and poured the wine and a glass of water and we begin to eat.

"Oh god, that woman doesn't fix anything that I don't like." She laughed.

After we eat I held up my wine glass and we toasted. "To us."

"To us." She said.

I was nervous and tongue-tied and I wasn't sure if I could get the words right but Ayla is special and she deserves this and more.

"Can we stand up a minute I want to talk to you?" I said.

"Ok, and I need to talk to you." She said as I helped her up.

"Do you want to go first?" I asked.

"No, you Hart. You made this effort." She smiled.

I grabbed her hands and rubbed them between mine. "Ayla I love you and I wanted to make this special for you. I know a lot of things have been going on but through everything you are my one constant."