Erased Memories

-Elizabeth's POV-

After what Diane said, I was filled with hope and I was very happy. He was feeling me. I clasped my hands on my chest and smiled broadly as I repeated this many times in my head.

Meanwhile, Merlin, Ban, Elaine and King come to us. Diane and I both turned our gazes to them. But Merlin looked pretty serious. So I involuntarily started to worry. "As I told you, I did research on your memory loss. I wanted to gather all of you together to share the results with you." Merlin spoke in a serious tone, while also avoiding eye contact with all of us in particular.

I tried to plug my ears as the voice inside me was driving me into even more pessimism. I was waiting for Merlin to tell the results with curiosity and concern. Likewise, the others were waiting with anxiety and curiosity like me. "Someone specifically erased your memory." After Merlin explained, we all looked at each other in surprise.

I was horrified at that moment. What was person trying to achieve by doing this? But most importantly, who did it? But whoever did it had achieved its purpose. Because we all actually forgot about each other. I met Ban, Elaine, King and Diane again and became friends. But we were actually friends before. We just didn't remember it. Then the others fell in love with each other again. Only Meliodas has changed a lot from us.

"Why would anyone do that?" At that time, Elaine asked out loud the questions I was thinking of. Not only me, but others must have been thinking about it as well. "Whoever it is, I'm going to slay him with my own hands." At that time, Ban said angrily and made a fist with his hand. Elaine immediately focused her attention on him, and after approaching him she took his arm. "Ban please..." She whispered softly to calm him down.

The others also looked quite angry. Especially me, at that moment, I swore that I would take our revenge on whoever that person was. We went through all these disasters because of that person. We even tried to kill each other. The cost would be very, very heavy for that person.

"For some reason I think it has to do with Meliodas and Elizabeth's relationship." At that moment, we all turned our attention back to Merlin. We looked at her with concern and in shock. Then I immediately understood what she meant. "But only King, Ban, Diane, and Elaine knew about our relationship. Even my friends in my own goddess clan didn't." I explained to her softly. Others also approved of me.

"Looks like someone found out." We all looked at her in shock after Merlin said it confidently. But before we could ask anything she started to explain. "It can't be a coincidence that only those who knew about Meliodas and Elizabeth's affair have had their memories wiped. Someone deliberately erased the memories of people who knew about your relationship, obviously wanting to make sure you wouldn't remember each other." Merlin solemnly explained and looked at me.

"Damn it's true." At that time, King said angrily. I was starting to feel terrible. All these things I heard and experienced had devastated me. With slow but unsteady steps, I wanted to get away from there and be alone. But I couldn't balance. Walking had never felt this hard before. The others must have noticed as well, because they called me anxiously. But at that moment my vision went black and all the sound suddenly stopped.

I heard someone talking in my bedside as I was shaking from the bed where I was lying restlessly. Then when I opened my eyes, I met my all friends. "Ellie, don't get up you need to rest." After Diane, told me, she stopped me with her hand just as I was getting ready to get up. "You sleep, rest, we'll come again." At the same time, Elaine was looking to the side while she was speaking.

I just shook my head positively because I wasn't even in the mood to talk. I felt like I had a million weights on me. They smiled at me, and then when they left the room, I pulled my blanket over my face and continued to lie in bed as if dead. After a while I got very bored. "Who cares..." I muttered to myself and carelessly pulled the blanket off my face and quickly got out of bed.

"Are you better?' At that time, I was startled when someone asked me, and after jumping slightly in fright, I immediately turned my gaze to the direction of the sound.

Then I met Meliodas looking at me from inside the cube. I didn't want to face him after what had happened with him. I wanted to run away, but I was already in my room. If I went to my sisters, they would get suspicious and I couldn't let that happen.

"What difference does it make?" I said to him nonchalantly and averted my gaze from him. Because I knew he didn't care one bit. As much as it hurt me, it was the truth. "Of course it makes a difference." At that moment, I turned my gaze back to his black devil eyes with his answer to me. "As if you really care." I continued my careless attitude towards him and then I sat on my soft bed. And I turned my attention to the patterned carpet on the floor.

"I care anymore." He said to me quite firmly in his husky voice.

How did you find the episode, my dears?🤩 Don't forget to comment and give stars pls.⭐ Thank you for reading.😊 Love you all!❤️