Secret Meeting

-Elizabeth's POV-

When I woke up, I felt an emptiness next to me. Apparently I fell asleep again after waking up. After squinting my eyes, I realized that this time Meliodas was not with me. The reason for the feeling of emptiness was now understood.

Uh where did he go? I wondered about this and after getting out of bed, so I put on a dress I found and left my room quickly.

"Good morning Ellie!" At that moment, Veronica had come out of the next room. "Good Morning." I told her with a smile. Although I was offended by her behavior yesterday evening, I decided to prolong it.

"You don't know what happened." She told me excitedly. "What?" I was suddenly tense at that moment. "Our father-" She said, continuing her sentence. "He said he wanted to talk to Meliodas. They're in his room now, they've been talking for a while."

I'm shocked. Why did my father want to speak directly to Meliodas in the morning? Besides, he hadn't even talked to me yet. "I think they're talking about something secret." At that time, Veronica added. I was enlightened at that moment. Of course it was hidden. That's why he chose the moment when I fell asleep. It was something hidden from me.

"But why?" I asked Veronica curiously. "I think, Meliodasa's father-in-law." She said with a chuckle. I involuntarily chuckled. "Maybe, but for some reason I feel like it's more serious." I told her thoughful. "Why don't you go and check it out?" She said with a wink at me. Veronica was right. It was their fault for trying to talk to me secretly.

I was definitely going to be offended by Meliodas about this. Besides, he knew I would worry about him. He just left me. Yes, Meliodas definitely deserved it. With all these thoughts I had already offended myself to Meliodas. I folded my arms and angrily left Veronica's side.

When I went upstairs, I started to take small steps. Because they could hear me. I had managed to reach the front door of my father's office, taking steps as quietly as I could. I took a deep breath and put my ear to the door and started listening to them:

Bartha: Meliodas, I told you all this because I wanted to trust you.

Meliodas: How stupid I am. I should have known he had a hand in this.

Bartha: Look, Meliodas, I understand your feelings, but after all, why would he hurt you?

Meliodas: You don't know him...

Bartha: So what are you going to do now?

Meliodas: I need to find that goddamn punishment!

Bartha: Just calm down, don't be in a hurry, I'll help you.

Meliodas: Thank you, but please don't let Elizabeth know this. I don't want her to get mixed up.

Bartha: I understand your sensitivity, but I think she has a right to know.

Meliodas: Sure, I will tell her, but not now.

Bartha: Well then let's find him first, I have a wizard. She's an expert, I'm sure you'll find him easily thanks to her.

Meliodas: Wizard?

Bartha: Yes, is there a problem?

Meliodas: What's the name!?

At that moment, I was frightened when Meliodas suddenly asked out loud.

Bartha: Why are you asking-

Meliodas: What's the name?

Meliodas asked more emphatically this time.

Bartha: Merlin

Meliodas: Merlin... has she been here all this time?

What's going on between Merlin and Meliodas?🤔

Don't forget to give stars.⭐ Thank you for reading.❤️