16

"i'm back!" was the first thing jisung said as he stepped into the house, locking the door behind him. he then bent down to untie his shoes, expecting some kind of reply back.

but to his dismay, he saw no signs of the taller anywhere. that was weird, usually hyunjin would always come and welcome him back, but somehow he heard nothing from him that moment. what was he doing? did he not hear him properly?

with countless, confused questions forming inside jisung's mind, he then stepped into the living room to see if he was there. surprisingly, he wasn't there either. 'that's weird.' jisung thought, wondering to himself. 'where did he go?'

as he searched the bottom floor for any signs of hyunjin, he then decided to climb up the stairs in search for the older. where did he go? did he perhaps, go outside or something? what was going on? jisung didn't know where he could be.

"hyung?" jisung called out, eyes wandering around each and every room.

when he saw no presence of him, he eventually walked down in confusion yet concern. "where did he go?" he quietly mumbled to himself, heart pounding in fear.

did something perhaps happen to him while he was gone? now that he think about it, what had they even be doing? did felix and jeongin leave already? he couldn't quite see any signs of anyone anywhere, as if everyone suddenly disappeared.

jisung could feel his heart pace even faster than before, slight panic rising up inside him. it wasn't until he decided to freak out, wondering if something bad happen to him. shit, was it a bad idea to leave him out of his sight?

maybe it was a bad idea to leave him alone like this, and now he doesn't know where he could even be. 'shit, maybe i should call the police-' he then thought, his thoughts soon interrupted by the sound of the door opening.

he quickly turned his head around to meet eyes with no one other than hyunjin, his face was even more pale and sad than ever. this obviously worried jisung a lot, almost immediately rushing towards him in concern.

"hyung!" he called out with a sigh of relief, this bringing hyunjin's attention to him. he was still kind of looking down timidly, but his eyes were slightly looking over to him.

"w-when did you come back?" he questioned despite his voice shaking a bit.

"oh i just came back," jisung smiled widely at him. "where did you go? it literally scared the shit out of me. i was worried sick about you, i was literally gonna call the police-"

"i-i'm okay, don't worry..." was all hyunjin said, hesitantly taking his coat and shoes off.

this made jisung smile a bit in response, watching as hyunjin crouch down to undo his shoes. as he helped close the door behind him, he then went over to him. "where did you go?"

"j-just for a walk..." hyunjin mumbled, not saying anything else. 

jisung didn't seem to wanna leave it there, in fact, something was slightly bothering him a bit. and just by looking at hyunjin's expression and actions, he couldn't help but feel that something was a bit off. what was wrong?

"hyung." jisung called out, making hyunjin whisper a small yes. "are you okay?"

"i-i'm okay... why?" hyunjin asked.

"it's nothing really, you seem a bit strange. did something happen? did my friends bully or say anything mean to you? if they did, i'll seriously-"

"d-don't worry..." he quickly cut him off, standing up moments later to avoid eye contact with him. "they didn't do anything... i had a nice day with them actually..."