20

there was a sudden, suffocating silence filling the air, no males saying anything. it felt so tense, especially after witnessing what just happened; jisung not knowing what to say or do to resolve the tension.

only countless confused questions clouded his head, he didn't really know why hyunjin was suddenly cowering himself under the blankets. he just realised the sudden change of expression after changbin introduced his friend, that was how it triggered.

but for what reason really? why does hyunjin look so terrified when he saw chan? could there be a specific reason? maybe they knew each other? otherwise, why else would hyunjin be acting this way when he'd never met him before.

unless, the only conclusion for this was that they somewhat knew each other. but then again, what does he know? he barely knew much about his past, beside his parents and toxic, abusive boyfriend. could he be...?

"hyung?" jisung suddenly called out again worriedly, breaking the silence once again.

this finally brought both felix and jeongin's attention back into reality, eventually finding the courage to say something. "um... what's happening?" felix confusingly asked.

"are you okay hyunjin hyung?" jeongin asked in so much concern.

hyunjin still couldn't bring himself back to his senses, he was still cowering himself while shaking even more. as his breath kept hitching up, it gave jisung a signal to comfort him.

"hey," jisung softly said, quickly rushing over to hold a trembling hyunjin in his arms as he rubbed his back and bringing him closer to his chest. "it's okay, i'm here..." he calmly whispered.

"should we bring him a glass of water?" felix suggested, making jisung nod to him.

felix nodded and immediately went into the kitchen to get him a glass of water. jeongin, on the other hand, continued to make sure hyunjin was alright, also attempting to comfort him as much as he can.

meanwhile, changbin and chan didn't know what to do from there. there was so many questions changbin wanted to ask but he figured he shouldn't ask here, well, in front of the taller that is. "is there something wrong jisung?" he only asked.

soon turning his head around to face him, jisung just gave him a small smile. "um, yeah. do you mind if you guys can just step out for a moment? i think that would be a good idea."

"yeah sure." changbin smiled back. "i hope he's feeling better."

"thanks." jisung widened his smile a bit wider.

changbin just smiled widely and turned to chan beside him. "let's go outside for a bit. we should probably give him some more time."

"yeah." chan replied, his eyes briefly glancing over to hyunjin for a few seconds before back at changbin with a smile.

the other didn't notice the slight glance, only wrapping his arms around chan gleefully. as jisung watched the two males step out of the living room, he continued hugging hyunjin tighter than before. a few moments later, felix walked into the living room with a glass of water.

"here." he said with a smile, handing it over to jisung who gladly took it.

"thanks," jisung thanked him as he now turned to hyunjin he was still hugging. "hyung, drink this. you'll feel much better, just take a deep breath."

hyunjin only hugged jisung tighter, refusing to let go. he was already sobbing onto his shirt, hands grasping tightly as he continued to shake tremendously. jisung didn't wanna force him to drink water anymore so he just placed it on the table.