01

"why does it always rain?" jisung silently muttered to himself, just walking out from the coffee shop.

he looked up in disbelief, grimacing at the fact that it was yet another dull, gloomy day. nothing but only clouds filled the sky, no signs of sunlight or rather the sun itself.

it was just rain. rain and clouds.

how dreary could his day get? it was almost like a pathetic fallacy, the drizzling rain had entirely ruined his mood; he was just standing pathetically against the shelter.

jisung sighed hopelessly, looking down to his cup of coffee held in his hand. all he'd wanted was to go to the coffee shop after school and enjoy the rest of his "sunny" day.

but in a weather like this, nothing could go the way he'd always wanted. after moments of looking hopelessly at the dull weather before him, he eventually opened the umbrella in his other hand and lifted it over him.

"time to go home i guess." he muttered once more, accepting the fact he couldn't go anywhere now.

his plan was all ruined, there was literally nothing he could possibly do now when it was just dampened and tedious. going back home to finish his remaining work was the only option for him, the dullness filling his head.

he started walking away from the shelter, just hearing the sounds of raindrops clashing against the umbrella above him. all he could hear were the noisy cars driving past him, the pitter patter sound of the rain hitting against the cobble pavement.

this caused jisung to sigh heavily once again at the thoughts of it, not wanting to deal with it. with his umbrella held in his hand and his cup of coffee in the other, he began strolling across the street.

as he endlessly walked without no stopping, nothing sparkled inside his head. he was just blindly walking, only hoping to get to his destination and nothing else.

when he finally stopped at the traffic light, he waited for a few moments, just taking small sips of his coffee. he didn't mind what was happening in surroundings around him, nothing bothered or interested him at the moment.

he was just standing there in the midst of the crowd.

the moment he saw the green light, jisung began walking again. with his head facing down throughout the whole walk across the crossroads, he turned left and continued mindlessly walking.

how long was it gonna take him? jisung didn't know himself, he was just walking wherever his feet was taking him. not knowing where he currently was, it didn't take him long when he eventually stopped, something stopping him on track.

he just stood there silently, not knowing what to do next. he'd seen something unusual from the corner of his eyes, confusion and curiosity soon rushing through him. jisung raised his eyebrow, countless thoughts invading his head.

this sudden yet peculiar scene that'd suddenly caught his full attention out of nowhere. was he possibly seeing this right? or was it just his imagination after experiencing such a gloomy afternoon?

it wasn't until he was proven wrong when he slowly turned to the side, his eyes soon widening in response. what could have happened there? whatever was happening before him, what did this all mean?

after just standing there and doing nothing, jisung quickly rushed over to the unknown male and took another moment to observe him. the male flinched in response to his sudden action, immediately backing away from him in fear.

jisung watched him back away in concern, not knowing what was happening. why was he suddenly backing away? what was going on? and most importantly, why did he look so hurt and sad?