23

heart-broken. that was one way to describe how hyunjin feels right now. how could he not be after what had happened earlier today with changbin?

his crush, jisung, already has someone he likes. and changbin, jisung's crush, apparently likes him back; there was literally no room for him to fit in and get involved with the situation.

now the question is, what now? what should he do about his hidden feelings for the younger? should he get rid of it? to avoid getting hurt again, he was afraid of the same thing happening like the past.

he didn't wanna repeat it again and again, and end up with the same mistake. the aching pain of "love" he once felt in the past, from that ex-boyfriend who had been nothing but abusive and toxic to him all this time.

but this time, it was completely different to what he'd experienced. jisung wasn't the same as his ex-boyfriend, he was the opposite. someone who would surely treat him so much better than anyone else he had came across with.

the problem is, what were the chances that they would get in a relationship? jisung already has eyes for someone, that chance... was already disappearing in front of him - just when he'd finally found someone who would love him unconditionally.

someone he had always yearned for, why can't he get a normal relationship? why did he have to be attracted to toxic men? and get in an abusive and unhealthy relationship? was this a punishment for him?

was he never gonna find someone who would love him for who he is? just why? why was this happening to him? and jisung, the one person he never wanna let go, was probably gonna leave him one day for someone else.

that someone else being changbin.

he can never have jisung no matter how much he desired for it; he doesn't deserve it. fate was getting in the way between the two and hyunjin knew it was impossible. to have the younger somewhat shift his focus to him.

and now what? as much as hyunjin didn't wanna lose the precious and beautiful feelings for jisung, he knew that nothing would benefit him. he didn't wanna get hurt in the process, there is only one way for this...

"bye changbin hyung!" jisung smiled happily as he was walking changbin out of the door, followed by felix and jeongin.

"bye, i had an awesome time here." changbin smiled back, his ethereal smile making jisung's eyes glitter tremendously.

they were already in their own world that both felix and jeongin just rolled their eyes. "aren't you forgetting we're also here?" felix finally spoke up.

"seems like you don't even care about our existence." jeongin joined in with a teasing tone.

this made jisung snap back into reality, shifting his eyes towards his best friends. only playfully rolling his eyes back, he eventually looked at them. "shut up, of course i do." he mumbled back.

felix and jeongin laughed at jisung's remarks, they love to tease him. "don't worry, we know. we just love making fun of you." felix continued to laugh.

"it's fun, you should've seen the look on your face." jeongin also laughed.

changbin didn't say anything for a moment, smiling as he observed the scene. "i'll see you at school then, jisung." he softly said.

immediately attracting jisung's attention back to him, he nodded. "okay! see you!" 

"it was nice meeting you hyunjin," changbin shifted his gaze towards a fiddly hyunjin, his smile still on his face. "i hope i get to eat some of your delicious baking next time."