25

it didn't take hyunjin until a few hours later to come back home, he was already so exhausted. exhausted from what? good question, no one knew about this but himself; heck, even jisung doesn't know what he's been up to.

what is he doing and why? because he wanted to repay jisung back for everything he's done, the shelter, food, care and a place to sleep. things he couldn't get until he met him, after all, everything that's happened in his life had turned around.

it had changed for the better actually, hyunjin was able to live more freely without anyone hurting or abusing him like what he's been dealing with for years. all of that, was no longer occurring ever since he'd stayed over with the younger.

and there was nothing else that could describe how thankful he is for jisung, to the point where he felt like a burden. or a freeloader who just happened to live in someone's house without any required service to pay it off.

hyunjin didn't wanna be that sort of person, he'd at least wanted to help out somehow. without jisung asking or requesting it, it was all his decision; he wanted to return the kindness back and not leave any guilt or regrets.

as he unlocked the door and opened it, he then stepped foot into the house. it was already getting dark outside, he wondered what jisung's doing right now. he haven't seen him or hung out with him much.

it wasn't a lie that hyunjin missed that, he loved spending time with jisung. it was his most favourite thing to do, he'd even wait all day just to be with him, everything he did with him have brought nothing but joy to him.

in fact, he loved it so much that he couldn't stand waiting for jisung all day, he just wanted the younger to be with him at home all the time. all he ever want is his attention and love, he grew to enjoy every moment spent with him.

but recently, he'd been feeling nothing but emptiness and sadness. he didn't know why it was affecting him so much like this but all he ever wanted was to have jisung in his presence, not to forget the fact that his love for him would grow stronger each second.

that was why he had to stop, from feeling that strange, fluttery feeling he couldn't help but feel. but much to his dismay, he couldn't stop the thoughts of changbin and jisung literally being head over heels over each other.

how could he forget that? ever since that day, it had been stuck with him - everyday, every second. hyunjin didn't want to repeat like the past, the traumatic experience of his ex-boyfriend, of falling for someone and being in a relationship.

he couldn't take that anymore, he didn't wanna fall in love like last time. he'd just end up getting hurt again, even imagining the thoughts of jisung rejecting his feelings terrified him. he just can't afford to be rejected once more.

not ever.

after closing the door and locking it behind him, he kneeled down to untie his shoes. after a long, tiring day, a goodnight sleep is something he need so bad as much as he didn't wanna believe it.

but what he didn't expect was a sudden voice calling for him, this immediately alarming hyunjin. "hyung." a soft voice called out, the taller freezing up once more.

what is he doing at the doorstep? wasn't he studying? when did he get here? with countless questions forming inside hyunjin's head, he didn't say anything for a moment, only putting his shoes back on the shoe rack.

this gave jisung a signal to make the move if he wasn't gonna do it, he needed to talk to him. no matter what. "have you ate?" jisung asked seconds later, watching as hyunjin stand back up with no words coming out from him.

hyunjin still remained silent, walking past him once again and into the living room. jisung was persistent however, he's not gonna give up just there so he ended up following from behind him, hoping to get some sort of response.