08

jisung immediately froze the moment he heard hyunjin's trembling voice, taking in a moment to taking everything in. what could've actually happened to make him this scared? no matter how desperate and curious he was to ask him, he knew he shouldn't.

at a time like this, reassuring the older was the main priority. he needed to make sure he'd feel as safe and comfortable as ever. giving him a soft yet reassured smile, he shook his head. "no, of course i'm not gonna hurt you. i just wanna make sure you're alright."

hyunjin couldn't help but shake a bit faster, his unstable breath trembling every second. "a-are you sure...? y-you're not gonna hurt me...?" he uncertainly questioned, eyes filled with nothing but fear as they stared shakily at him.

this made jisung smile wider, attempting to reassure him even further. "don't worry, my intention isn't to hurt you. i just wanna help you and make you feel safer and comfortable." he calmly replied, giving him a quick warm hug before pulling away.

the quick warmth radiating from his hug unknowingly caused hyunjin to slowly relax, shaky eyes still glancing at him in a small sense of worry. jisung smiled in relief at the sight of the older slowly relaxing, wanting to desperately make sure he'd feel better.

"how are going outside for some air? it will make you feel a bit better." jisung suggested, glancing over to the window to see that the weather was perfectly fine.

hyunjin hesitatingly nodded, eventually standing up in wary while moving a bit further from him nonetheless. jisung didn't mind that of course, if that would make him comfortable then he wouldn't complain.

it wasn't like they had instantly became friends, hyunjin was still very wary and cautious around him. he'd just hoped as time pass, hopefully there would be some kind of progress. "would you like me to go with you or is going by yourself fine-"

"n-no... c-come with me..." hyunjin almost whispered in slight desperation, his heart pacing extremely faster at the thoughts of being alone.

as much as he was still vigilant towards jisung, being by himself was far worse. it was that which only triggered his fear about the past, something he didn't wanna go through ever again. he needed secure and safety, in other words, he needed jisung's presence with him.

jisung just smiled at him, nodding in response. "okay, i'll come with you. we can take a short walk around the park if you'd like and maybe get something on the way back." he suggested.

the boy didn't say anything, watching warily at jisung's every action as he instantly walked over to the door. after putting his coat and shoes on, he finally stood up and turned to the still shaky male before him, causing him to only smile at him.

"should we go? oh right, i forgot, i finished drying your coat." jisung spoke in realisation, quickly rushing over to get his coat before returning back to the living room. "here you go." he softly smiled, slowly reaching over to place it on him despite the still sudden flinch.

hyunjin only looked down to his coat, taking a few moments to adjust what just happened. "we should probably get back before it gets pretty dark. i'll lead you the way." jisung said with a smile still on his face, making the older hesitatingly walk over to put his shoes on.

as jisung waited for him to finish tying his shoe laces, he then unlocked the door and allowed the older to step out first. locking the door soon afterwards, he smiled once more before leading him the way out of the house, hyunjin just unknowingly following from behind.

during the first half of the walk, hyunjin couldn't bring himself to walk a bit closer to the younger, thus only following him from the back. because he was still wary towards jisung, only walking from a  good distance was good enough.