27

"damn it! how are you so good at this?" jeongin groaned after losing for 5 times in a row.

hyunjin, who had just won, only looked even more guilty and bad for him. "i-i'm sorry... it must feel frustrating, playing with me..." he mumbled.

this immediately caught jeongin's attention who instantly shifted his head towards him. "no, i wasn't trying to say that. it's just that, i'm frustrated about myself. how i'm not good enough to go against you."

"b-but you're good too..." hyunjin sadly frowned while trying to bring his confidence up.

"yeah, only when i beat both jisung and felix's asses. but you're like a boss level, it just keeps reminding me how i'm nothing against you." jeongin chuckled, smiling at him.

the taller didn't know what to say in response, he just couldn't help but feel so guilty. "y-you can get better as you keep practicing." he tried to reason.

"yeah i guess." jeongin smiled, only to make hyunjin think of something else.

"w-what if i teach you? how to play like me?" he suggested, causing jeongin to slightly widen his eyes, entirely taken aback.

"wait, really?" jeongin slowly blinked, making hyunjin shyly nod his head. "hm, thanks i guess." he then said, deciding to take this opportunity to improve his gaming skills.

hyunjin only gave him a small smile, glad he could be some kind of help. it wasn't until a sudden thought came to his head, making him drop his smile once again. "i-i'm sorry..." he suddenly apologised, this bringing his attention on him once again.

"wait, why are you suddenly apologising?" jeongin confusingly asked him.

"f-for making you stay at home with me... when you could've already went to the party." hyunjin replied, such guilt laced in his tone. "you could've been having fun right now..." 

only making jeongin remain silent for a moment, that was when he only chuckled. "seriously? for that? it's fine really! i only wanted to go there because of food anyways and jisung couldn't stop pestering me to go with him."

"s-so you don't mind this?" hyunjin asked, eyes filled with nothing but slight hope.

jeongin just smiled and nodded, it wasn't a lie that he was actually enjoying this. "yeah, i actually enjoy this. to be honest, i'm not really a big fan of parties but since jisung wanted me to come, i accepted. but honestly, it's a relief i'm not there, it's too crowded and loud for me."

"m-me too," hyunjin said, jeongin looking over at him to listen in. "i-i didn't wanna go... i don't like them..."

"say hyung," jeongin called out, this drawing hyunjin's attention. "if you don't mind, may i ask what happened earlier? you know... when you and jisung were hugging. you looked, scared."

the moment jeongin said that, he froze on the spot. how was he gonna say it to him? should he just say it? jeongin's trustworthy anyways. after moments of silence and thoughts, hyunjin only nervously bit his lips.

"i-it reminded me... of my past..." he finally spoke, causing jeongin to abruptly be alert. "t-to be honest, i don't have a good memory with parties..." 

when he heard no reply from jeongin, he heavily continued. "m-my ex-boyfriend would force me to go with him even when i said i didn't wanna... and he'd make me drink... and would do b-bad things to me..." 

as jeongin heard hyunjin's story about his former boyfriend, he only sat there in silent, unable to say anything. if there was only something he could do... "i'm sorry," he frowned, drawing his attention. "i shouldn't have asked."