06

jisung finally smiled at the sudden answer, amazed by the fact he'd actually told him. was this perhaps working? was the taller starting to feel comfortable with him? this brought a massive smile on his face, unable to stop feeling so relieved.

"that's such a pretty name, i'm jisung!" he happily exclaimed, widening his smile. there was nothing that could describe how thrilled he was, for the male to finally talk to him.

the boy - now called hyunjin - silently nodded at his words, attempting to lift a smile to which he failed. maybe he wasn't ready yet. "t-thank you..."

this didn't bother him at all, jisung completely understanding everything. it made entire sense for him to take time, when he was eventually ready.

continuing to smile widely, jisung gently looked into his eyes. "isn't it hard to sleep on the couch? doesn't it get pretty chilly when it's night? you should sleep in my room instead."

"n-no, it's okay..." hyunjin quietly mumbled, still finding himself avoiding eye contact.

"but it doesn't sit right with me. i can't help but worry about you." jisung explained as he began rubbing the back of his neck worriedly.

"i-i'm fine..." was all he said moments later, seemingly reassuring him.

"hmm okay then, how's your wounds doing?" jisung unknowingly questioned, making sure everything was right.

after all, he wanted to make sure he was alright despite seeing how clear he was petrified and hurt. if there was anything he could do to help, he'd always be willing to do it; if that would gradually cause him and the taller to grow somewhat closer.

"i-it's getting better, thank you..." hyunjin only replied, still mumbling as his head looked down on the floor in awareness.

jisung only smiled in relief, glad he could help. there was so many questions he'd wanted to ask but he knew it wouldn't be a good idea, it would just bring him more trauma and fear he didn't wanna remember.

maybe it would be best if he'd waited for when he was completely prepared and comfortable. "that's good, you weren't talking to me the other day so i was worried. did i do something wrong?"

hyunjin just shook his head gently at his question, his long, blonde hair eventually covering his eyes. "n-no, you didn't..."

"oh that's good, i thought i did. i'm just so happy and relieved you're finally talking to me again." jisung widely smiled, causing him to hesitantly look up a bit.

he didn't say anything as he continued to stare at his massive smile, slowly relaxing a bit. "i-i'm sorry..."

"what are you apologising for? you didn't do anything wrong and it's okay, i completely understand. you had to go through traumatic times so i get why you were so wary of me." jisung reassured, smiling even more.

hyunjin briefly stared at his expression for a moment, eventually absorbing everything. he didn't seem to look like the people he once knew, jisung seemed to be way different than the others.

maybe it would be okay to trust him? even for a little bit? even though he was struggling to find the trust into him, it wasn't a lie that he was starting to view him as someone completely different.

should he take another chance? to eventually trust certain people? but then again, he couldn't help but reminisce back to his traumatic past, eventually causing his breathing pace to fasten again.

and this immediately captured jisung's attention, not failing to look so concern. "are you okay? do you need a rest?" he asked, slowly walking towards him.