31

"j-jisung..." hyunjin quietly mumbled to himself in his sleep, soon stirring his eyes awake. as he slowly lifted his eyelids, he was unexpectedly met with a bright light that came from the crack of the curtains.

he winced at the sudden light, groaning in response. it didn't take him long to adjust his surroundings, finding himself in jisung's bed once again. that was when it had hit him, he had slept in his bed last night.

he didn't know why but lately, he has been sleeping next to jisung instead of the couch. by why was that? was it because jisung's bed is so much comfortable than sleeping on the couch? or was it because he was able to sleep next to the younger?

as days passed, the more hyunjin started sleeping with jisung and hugging him close. not only was he able to sleep beside him together but the fact that cuddling with him, helped hyunjin sleep better and more comfortably.

now he was barely getting any nightmares about his past, only feeling more safer knowing that he has jisung in his arms. only reaching his arms over to feel the mattress beside him, caused hyunjin to fully wake up as he instantly sat up.

why did it feel so cold? where did jisung go? hyunjin's eyes trembled as he saw no signs of jisung beside him, looking around the room in slight panic to search for him. "j-jisung...?" he called out, his heart aching when he saw no sight of him. "j-jisung!" 

but to his dismay, he realised that he was the only one in the room; the blanket on the other side of the bed appeared to look like someone had gotten out of bed. it didn't take hyunjin long when a thought rushed through his head in realisation.

immediately glancing over to look at the clock on the drawer table beside the bed, he saw that it was currently 10am. 'did he already go to university already?' he thought to himself, sadly frowning at the thought of being home alone again as always.

another dull and boring day without jisung, it wasn't a lie that hyunjin didn't like it. but what can he do? the younger needs to go to university, he can't just stay at home with him all the time. only heavily sighing to himself, hyunjin eventually got out of bed.

as he wake himself up, he made his way to the bathroom to get himself ready for another repetitive day of doing nothing for the next hours. when he got out and changed into another comfortable clothes, he then made his way to the living room.

eventually stepping into the living room to go into the kitchen and check what jisung had left him, he was only met with an unexpected surprise. "j-jisung...?" he confusingly called out.

the said male turned around at the call of his name, a massive smile finding its way to his face. "oh, hey hyung! are you awake now? i'm nearly finished making you breakfast so just have a seat." jisung happily told him.

as hyunjin just stood there in shock, countless, confused thoughts came rushing to him. what was currently happening? why is jisung there? shouldn't he be at university right now? he was sure it isn't the weekends yet.

if so, then how? hyunjin was just so confused and lost that he couldn't quite register anything right now, so many questions he have for the younger. "h-how..." he could only make out.

jisung just continued to smile at him, chuckling softly at his reaction. "how am i not in university right now?" he attempted to finish hyunjin's question, while turning the stove off after finishing cooking breakfast. "well, i've decided to take a day off today." he replied.

hyunjin didn't say anything as he continued to blink slowly, he hasn't moved an inch ever since. but why? why did he do that? "w-why... y-you're not sick are you?" he questioned in worry.