24

after what hyunjin said to him that day, jisung couldn't stop thinking about it. what did he mean by that? why did he suddenly apologise as if he did something wrong?

wasn't it meant to be him apologising? why was it the other way? no matter how hard jisung thought to himself, he just couldn't come up with the possible reasoning behind it.

and asking hyunjin didn't do anything, the taller would just say nothing and walk away. just like what he'd usually do, giving jisung no clues or explanation behind his unusual actions.

"he did what?" jeongin asked him, after jisung telling his best friends the next following days.

jisung said nothing as he nodded, only sighing heavily in response. "yeah,  i tried to confront him the other day and he just apologised with no context. i don't know what to do."

they watched as jisung rest both of his elbows on the table, cupping his face with a helpless expression. felix just stared at jisung, a blank expression visible on his face.

"do you think he has a reason for all of this?" felix suddenly said, this drawing both attention on him. "i mean, if you're not the problem here, then he must have a reason."

"but what can that be? what reasons could he possibly have that i don't know?" jisung slightly groaned in frustration, wanting to resolve the situation.

felix shrugged. "seeing as though he's not answering back, i'm guessing he doesn't wanna tell you. i mean, not yet that is. or maybe he's not ready yet."

"when did he start acting this way?" jeongin asked.

this made jisung think for a moment, reminiscing back to when they had came over to his house. "i think it was when you guys and changbin hyung came over. after you guys left, he started acting a bit weird. i initially thought he was just tired from socialising but it wasn't the case."

"then... something must've happened that caused him to act this way." felix suggested, making jisung slowly nod his head in realisation.

"it has to be. before, he wasn't acting weird anyways." jisung said. "but what could it be? did you guys tell him anything?"

both felix and jeongin shook their head, indicating that neither of them told hyunjin anything in particular. then what could it be? it wasn't until a sudden thought came into his head, jisung realising something soon after.

changbin.

"guys, did changbin hyung tell hyung anything?" jisung suddenly asked, causing both of the males to realise where he was going with it.

"well, we did left to help you with the drinks and so they could bond together," felix reasoned, making jeongin nod. "so we left them in the living room, i don't know what they talked about though."

"we don't really know what happened but while we were around, they barely spoke to one another." jeongin added along.

jisung blinked slowly to their words, trying to process what they were saying. what if changbin had something to do with this? how could he though? surely he wouldn't say anything mean to hyunjin or anything... right?

"i'm gonna go and find changbin hyung," jisung abruptly stood up from his chair as he spoke, drawing both attention on him. "since hyung won't tell me anything, i'll just ask changbin hyung."

"okay, good luck." felix encouraged, hoping it would work out.

only giving them a last smile as a response, jisung took this moment and began looking for changbin, wondering where he could be. 'knowing changbin hyung, he's probably in the music room.' he thought.