Stage 27

.━━━━━━━-☆☆-━━━━━━.

━━━━━━━-☆☆-━━━━━━

Beep...Beep...Beep

The heart monitor resonated in the empty room, along with the soft breathing of a sound asleep girl. An IV drip was pierced into her wrist.

White patches of bandages covered her entire body. One particular one was on her forehead, on the right side.

Outside her room, a commotion about someone's operation was going on.

Draken's medical procedure was underway.

"Ken chin promised me that we'll rule the world together. He won't leave that easily"

Mikey stared at the sign above the closed doors.

Right then they opened, and walked out a male doctor.

"May I ask who gave first aid to the young man?" He questioned, fixing his gloves.

"Umm it was Y/n I'm pretty sure" Takemichi stuttered, trying to remember the exact aid Y/n gave to Draken.

"Well, thanks to her, your friend has lived to see another day."

The waiting room erupted into a fist of cries and cheers.

Hina and Emma hugged each other shedding tears of happiness. While Takemichi and his friends danced in joy.

Mikey faced his head down in relief. He put up a big brave front for others but inside he was equally scared.

Draken has been with him through thick and thin. They faced the test of time, heck they were all there for each other.

He needed to thank the person who saved his lifeline.

"Where's Y/n?" Mikey asked Takemichi, unaware of the girl's admission to the hospital.

Takemichi's face then turned to a softer tone; Grateful for Y/n.

"She's currently in room 303, while protecting me, she suffered some injuries. But don't worry, she's alright...just exhausted"

Takemichi and the others all took towards the exit. They were all relieved that Draken was still alive.

Takemichi was the happiest of all, August 4th had finally come. Meaning their hard work had finally paid off.

"Naoto..." he cried

"We did it"

~

When everyone was gone, Mikey made his way to room 303. Searching for the girl who saved his friend.

He stepped inside and there laid her sleeping figure. An IV drip attached to her wrist and some bandages here and there. Otherwise, she looked content, blissful even.

Mikey walked near her, standing still.

He then extended his hand to land on her cheek. He gently caressed it with his thumb, while smiling softly.

"Thank you, Y/n"

Once he made sure she was alright, he exited the room.

When the door slammed shut, Y/n's eyes suddenly awakened.

She knew someone was here, she felt their presence near her.

First, she examined her surroundings and took hold of what was going on.

When she finally registered what was happening, she immediately disconnected the IV drip from her wrist.

She also realised that she was dressed in one of those ugly polka dot white gowns.

Fashion was less of a worry, more importantly she wanted to know how Draken's operation went.

Her bare feet touched the cold tiles of the room, as she raced outside her room. Much to her demise, there wasn't a soul in sight.

So her next best idea (not really) was sneaking out of the hospital, without being caught of course.

That's when she bumped into Takemichi.

"Huh Y/n you should be in your ro-" Takemichi started to speak but was cut off.

"Shhh" she pulled him into a more empty corridor.

"Tell me, how did Draken's surgery go? And has anyone visited my room recently?" she interrogated him, still clutching his arm.

"It was a success," said Takemichi.

Y/n visibly sighed and the stress left her shoulders.

"And I don't think so, all of us were out. But now that you mention it, I didn't see Mikey anywhere"

Putting pieces together, Y/n understood that Mikey was the one who visited her room.

"I'll see you later" she tapped Takemichi's shoulders and ran off.

"HEY YOU'RE STILL EXHAUSTED YOU KNOW"

Too late, she had already disappeared.

~

Grains of unknown objects pinched the underside of her foot as she sped off to find Mikey.

Though it was still early summer, the nights still had a cool breeze.

Swerving her head right or left, she eventually found Mikey backed up against a wall.

His head hung low, he was definitely on the verge of tears. Y/n debated whether she should approach him or let him have alone time.

"You're awake" Mikey spoke in a whisper, acknowledging her presence.

"You caught me" she folded her hands behind her back and walked to him. Her hair started gliding along with the wind.

They stayed in silence, both their backs on the walls. Until Y/n decided she had enough.

"It's okay to cry dumbass" she moved from her place to in front of him.

"Just because you're the leader of some big gang doesn't mean you have to carry all the responsibility. You should learn how to depend on others."

"I-" he tried to interrupt her but she silenced him by placing her finger on his lips.

"I'm.not.done. All of us were worried about Draken and not once did anyone blame you. So don't even try to think that. Sure you might feel that Peh yan did it because of you. But you're wrong. Please,"

She clutched his shirt in both of her hands.

At this point both of them were on the grassy patch next to the wall.

"JUST LEAN ON US"

.━━━━━━━-☆☆-━━━━━━.