TBITB|| LXXI

Chapter seventy-one of 'The Boy In The Basement':

        I swear, this day could not go by any further. So far, all the classes we fine. I was scared to talk to anyone; I didn't want to go through another episode of Miles again. I can't handle that. And Niall noticed because he'd tell stupid but funny jokes, to cheer me up and get my mind off from it. And truthfully, it worked. For awhile.

        Right now, we're in gym. We have to sit in these rows by our last names. So, I'm not sitting next to Niall, and I began fiddling with my thumbs because I was getting nervous. The gym teacher is a guy and his name is Mr. Taylor.

        The girl with long, straight dirty blonde hair, freckles and blue eyes I literally ran into at the movies with Zayn, she's in this hour. Her last name is Day so she sits near me. Also, she has a best friend named Tessa. She was tall and she had strawberry hair that made her hazel eyes pop. She had light freckles dotting her face. Her last name was Howie and she sat a spot away from Niall. Those two were talking up a storm.

"For the rest of class," Mr. Taylor began, looking at the clock. "You are free to shoot some hoops or talk. Go."

        Everyone scrambled to their feet. Most of the guys darted for the work our room where the basketballs were located. Then the girls walked over to the stairs where there was a batting area above, and hung around to talk.

        Pushing myself up, I walked over to Niall who stood up, still smiling and talking to Tessa. I bumped my shoulder with his and he smiled at me then looked back at her. Tessa said hi to me, and I gave her my greeting back.

"Guys, wanna hang out?" Olive asked, coming up beside me. I gave Niall a look and shrugged. We've already hung out with them at lunch when Olive found him and I standing around with our lunch trays, finding somehwere to sit.

"Alice, right?" she asked, touching my elbow. I jumped slightly and looked at her, remembering her from awhile ago.

"Yes, you're Olive." She giggled and nodded.

        I noticed a girl beside and so did Niall cause he dropped his jaw, I had to elbow him to snap him out of it. She asked if we wanted to sit with her and her best friend. Us not knowing where to sit, we said yes and followed them.

"This is Tessa. Tessa, this is Alice and her really good looking friend." Olive started as we sat down.

"Oh, my name is Niall."  he said, nodding their way. Their eyes went wide.

"You're not from here?" Tessa said.

"Ireland," Niall nodded, crossing his arms on the table leaning on them.

"Wow, that's amazing."

        That was all of the introduction of meeting both of them. Niall and Tessa hit it off really well. And as a matter of fact, they still are. All of us walked toward the gym doors and sat down against the wall. Tessa sat on the side of Niall and Olive sat on the other side of me.

"How you guys liking your senior year?" Olive asked, pushing hrself off from the wall a little bit to look at all of us.

"Really fun, actually. Just think, we're one more day away from leaving this shit house," Niall joked causing us to laugh.

        My forearms started throbbing a little bit, and I stretched my arms out in front of me. I just wanted this day to be over with. I'm actually really tired and am looking forward to a nap later when we get home. Something I hate: when you're a younger kid and your mother told you to take a nap, you would never want to. But you regret it later when you become a teenager and you get stressed out, but now your mother won't let you take naps. It's horrible, honestly.