TBITB|| II

Chapter Two of 'The Boy In The Basement':

I watch the way my brown hair sways softly as it hangs over my shoulders. My blue eyes are clouded with fear and worry. Soon, water rips me out from those images I saw earlier. I wipe my face with a white towel as I watch myself in the mirror in front of me.

The ghost I saw in the basement. What was that? Was there a way that I was just seeing things? Or was it the way the sun lite up in the basement? God, I hope it's one of those two rather then an actual ghost.

It was real.

The voice inside my head will not leave at all. I don't know why it's there in the first place. In the past few hours since the whole ghost encounter, I've been listening in on the voices in my head. It is a British accent, just like mine.

The voice is low, and it makes you just want to listen to them speak all day long without stopping. Nonetheless, it is getting irritating because I feel like I'm just making myself hear these voices inside my h-

I am the boy you saw down in the basement.

I lean forward on the sink counter and look at myself in the mirror. That boy was so inhuman like. The eyes are the first thing that I saw on him, though. Other than that, I believe he was fake.

I am real!

I jump lightly at the loudness of the small voice in my head. I look at the mirror again, and my eyeballs almost fall out. A gust of wind comes over me again, and goosebumps make themselves known. Next came the peppermint smell. Those eyes I saw down stairs were staring at me in the mirror. I watch them carefully, but I was still scared.

"Who are you?" I ask. The boy in the basement that I saw earlier just appeared right behind me. I gasp and my eyes begin to water. I've never experienced paranormal activity, and I've always been a wimp when it came to these things.

The boy has the same features, but I can make them out more clearly than before. His eyes are almost grayish, blackish with a tint of green. His curly hair is styled back probably so it doesn't get in his eyes.

This boy wears a light gray sweater on his upper half, then black skinny jeans on his bottom half. Black boots on his feet. He looks... hot. What the hell?! This is a fucking ghost, and I am thinking it's hot!

"I'm Harry." The boy whispers. My eyes grow even wider at the voice. It is the same exact voice in my head. What if I'm not crazy?

"Are you real?" I ask. I don't dare turn around. The boy just stands there by my shoulder. My eyes are constantly strained on him. I am afraid that if I turn around, I'd see something else that I don't want to see.

"Yes." He answers. Harry's responses seem to repeatedly be short.

"What do you want from me?" My arms begin shaking as they hold myself up on the counter. My breathing increases but when I exhale it becomes weary.

"Nothing. I just want a friend." The boy looks down in complete embarrassment.

I've never had one of those before.

My heart is breaking for this boys lost. I guess it makes two of us. I was never really good at making friends.

I close my eyes and exhale deeply. I seem to sigh a lot. I don't know why. There is something about this boy though.

My name is Harry.

"Sorry." I breathe. I open my eyes and he is gone.

__

"How do you like the house, Alice?" I hear my Mom ask. I ignore her question. My brain is still trying to process all that has happened in the bathroom not even fifteen minutes ago. It still gives me the chills. And quite frankly, I still have goosebumps.

"Alice Dawson!" I drop my fork and look at my Mom and Dad. They are scowling at me.

"Sorry, sorry. Just dozed off. And yes, I like the house. It's... interesting." I add, unsure.

"How do you feel about starting school tomorrow?" My Mom asks as I drink from my glass. I spit the milk right back in.

"I'm already starting school?" I am surprised. Mom sighs and shakes her head.

"Told you she wouldn't like the idea." Mom says and nudges Dad's elbow.

Please don't go.

I freeze at the sound of the voice again. Okay, it belongs to someone. It belongs to Harry. The boy in the basement. And, the boy ingrained in my head.

"It was just an idea. You don't have to start this week." Dad smiles at me. I smile back, thankful that I won't be attending a shit-hole for another week.

After dinner, I help clean up the table. Dad and Mom went to bed since they have to be to work the next morning. I am not so sure about the idea of me staying alone. In this house. With a ghost.

Yep.

I officially sound crazy.

I gather up the rest of the empty plates and walk them over to the sink. I dump them in and wipe my forehead. So many things have happened today. It may not seem like much, but it was a lot. Seeing a ghost is pretty nerve wracking, if you ask me.

Are you afraid of me?

The gust of air sweeps over me and I know there is a presence in the room with me. Which demands me to freeze almost instantly. Harry is in the room with me.

"Not partially." I shiver. I turn around, waiting to be greeted by those dark eyes.

I was greeted by no one, or nothing.

"Where are you?" I ask out loud.

I'm in the basement.

"Why would you be down there? It's... scary." I whisper. A shiver runs down my spine at the thought of that basement. The time when I was damn near going to have a heart attack. But it never came.

Do you even know what happened in this house, Alice?

"You know my name?" I ask with disbelief.

Please stop trying to change the subject.

"What happened here?" I look around the room. He isn't in here, no. But I am just making sure nothing is going to pop out and make me jump right out of my shoes.

Look it up for yourself.