TBITB|| XXIII

Chapter Twenty-Three of 'The Boy In The Basement':

Alice's P.O.V

It's been one week since the whole Miles incident, and Dad bringing up that he wants to file a divorce. I haven't heard anything from Miles, and I was relieved. I am so scared to even move without thinking that Miles will pop out of no where and succeed by taking my soul.

My hand was always absent minded rubbing my burn that Miles had left on my arm. It still stung, but it was going away. Somehow, the cuts on my feet were already healed. I think Harry had something to do with it, but I'm probably wrong.

Mom had moved out of the house almost immediately, and I believe that they were going to be filing the divorce on Friday. But, I am not completely sure. Harry has been there for me, and has been supporting me since those horrible days.

Right now, I am in the living room, sitting on the couch watching t.v. Dad is in the kitchen making us some lunch. Harry was sitting beside me, but, Dad isn't able to see him. Harry's hand was resting directly beside mine on the cushion as we watched Spongebob Squarepants.

I began smiling to myself like a idiot as I felt his fingers rub against mine. I slowly overlapped our hands, and he interlocked our fingers.

Did you know that you are beautiful?

I smiled and I found myself blushing. I am not beautiful, I do not see it at all. How could he think that? There are much prettier girls out there. He could be saying that to a beauty queen, yet he's saying it to me, and it's making my heart melt with the feels.

You are too beautiful. You even know it. You just don't want to admit it, babe.

Even though it's a pet name, I love it. I love it when he gives me nicknames, it makes me happy. Thanks, Harry. You really know how to make a girl smile.

My mum and sister have taught me well.

I could basically hear the smile in his voice, and it made me smile. "Alice, lunch is ready." Dad called out from the kitchen. I looked over at Harry who smiled at me. "I'll be right back." I whispered to him. I stood up, and disconnected our hands.

I began walking away when I felt Harry's warm hand gently wrap around my wrist. I stopped walking and turned around, facing Harry and looking up at him. Harry placed both hands on my face, almost engulfing my entire face due to his giant hands.

Harry leaned in and moved his lips with mine. I closed my eyes and did the same. Harry pulled back and kissed my nose. "You forgot your goodbye kiss, babe." he whispered deeply. I smiled, biting my lips and kissing his cheek.

"I'll see you in a bit." I said and turned on my heel, walking away into the kitchen. Dad was still cooking on the stove, and our plates were already set up on the table in the kitchen. "Hi, Alice." Dad greeted without turning around.

"Hey, Dad." I said back and took a seat at the table. I looked down at my plate to see what was on today's menu. It was grilled cheese sandwiches with cut up strawberries, and bananas. My mouth began watering. I've always loved my Dad's cooking.

"This looks delicious." I smiled and popped a piece of banana into my mouth. I heard my Dad chuckle, and he put the pan and spatula away in the sink. He took a seat at the table across from me and sipped his coffee. "Well, I hope it tastes good." he smiled.

"I'm pretty sure it will be wonderful, Dad." I laughed and picked up my grilled cheese. I took a bite, and I swear I went to Heaven for a few seconds. "Oh, my God, that is wonderful!" I gasped. Dad laughed and took a bite of his own sandwich.

"Hmm, that is good." Dad agreed with his mouthful, and I laughed. We ate in silence for a few minutes before he broke the silence. "So, your Mom and I are meeting up soon," he said, not making eye contact with me. I watched him. When he brought up my Mom, something in me just snaps, and I feel like her name is venom.

"Okay, and?" I said. Dad sighed. "Are you sure you're okay with the whole divorce thing, Alice?" Dad asked, making eye contact with me. I looked at him and shrugged. "I guess it's better then having her sleep around with more guys."

"Yes, that is a valid point." Dad nodded. I nodded and took a sip of my water. "Alice? Can I ask you something?" asked Dad. "Yeah, sure." I said and folded my hands in my lap under the table. "When I walk past your room, I always hear you talking to someone," I gulped.

Shit.

I guess Harry was listening to the conversation too. "Who is it?" he asked. I bite my lip and tried coming up with an explanation. "I just talk to myself sometimes." I shrugged it off. "No, now that's a lie, because I sometimes here you yelling." Dad trailed off.

"If I tell you, you'd think I'm crazy." I whispered, looking down at my hands. "Hon, I want you to know that I will always love you, and support you no matter what. You can tell me, Alice." I smiled at my Dad. I've always been a Daddy's girl, because he was so sweet and kind.

"Do you know who lived in this house before us?" starting off with easy questions will help me lead to telling Dad about Harry. Wait, is that okay with Harry if I tell Dad?

Of course it is. I really want to meet your father, and even if he doesn't believe you, that won't stop us from seeing each other, princess.

I smiled at Harry's reply. Like I said, he makes my heart melt with the feels. I looked at my Dad, who was furrowing his eyebrows together, trying to think. "I remember reading about it online. Wasn't it the Style's family or something like that?" he asked. He just nailed it.

"And, you know abou the murder down in the basement of a young 23 year old boy named Harry Styles?" I then asked. "Actually yes I do. Wait- where is this leading to, Alice?" Dad furrowed his eyebrows together.

I sighed depply, rubbing my temples. "You're going to think I'm so fucking crazy after I tell you this." I say. "Please, just get to the point." he laughed. I exhaled deeply and picked my head up, looking over at Dad.

"Dad, I have been talking to Harry, and he is like my best friend. He is actually right here, if you want to see him." I said. Dad's eyes widened and he rubbed his chin slowly. "Oh? Um, yeah! I'd love to see him!" he smiled nervously. "Okay," I breathed.

I looked at the doorway where Harry was standing. "Harry, reveal yourself. Dad, look over at the doorway." I nodded my head over to Harry. Dad's eyes lingered on me for two seconds longer before he slowly turned his body sideways, gasping when he saw Harry.

"Hello Mr. Dawson, I'm Harry Styles and it's a pleasure to finally meet you." Harry smiled and held out his hand for my Dad to shake. I saw my Dad himself start to shake. Dad turned back to me and I saw his eyes roll to the back of his head, and he fell over.

He just passed out.