TBITB|| LVI

Chapter fifty-six of 'The Boy In The Basement':

Zayn's P.O.V

"Harry? Harry!" The other line went dead and I cursed at the dumb idiot he is. I already know what he's going to do: he's coming to see Alice. But I can't allow that to happen.

It's not because I don't want them to see each other, it's because Miles will somehow find out, and he will devour Alice's soul. Than Harry won't forgive himself, and neither will I.

I looked over at Alice passed out on the recliner. A bag of Lays potato chips laid on her lap as well as a checked blanket. Her hair was scooped up into a messy, high bun. I know she had put on mascara while in Wolverhampton, and it was smeared all down her face, and especially now because she was crying even more during the movie.

She fell asleep an hour ago before Harry called. Speaking of the devil, how am I suppose to stop him? This is going to be very difficult. . .

"Zayn, where are we going? I thought you said we were going to get food?" Alice looked around. We looked like we were in the middle of nowhere, but really, we're meeting Harry half way out of town so Miles doesn't suspect anything.

"And this is definately not the way to a store. I really want Oreos!" She whined and sunk in her seat. I shook my head. Ever since she found out Harry basically left, she's been eating so much. It's a good thing too, considering she's a twig. She needed some meat on her bones. I know Harry will appreciate it, but he'll probably find out she's been pigging out because of him. I don't want him to blame himself for everything.

"Will you calm down? We're almost there." I chuckled at her eagerness. She sighed and turned up the music. Chandelier by Sia came on and she tapped her fingers on her thigh to the melody.

Even before Harry left, Alice and I have gotten closer. I know she needs a guy best friend in her life-besides Harry who now is her boyfriend- especially now. I see her as a younger sister. I've had younger sisters before, but I haven't found anything on them yet.

I've talked to Niall about the whole thing of school. And, he just graduated two years ago, but they have this thing now where you can go and help a person throughout school. And he's more then happy to attend school with Alice, even if it means he can't pig out all day.

We came to an intercourse, and I pulled over near the ditch. Alice looked over at me confused and I just gave a her a look that said don't-ask-questions-or-no-Oreos. She nodded and pulled the sleeves of her way-too-big sweater down over her hands.

My elbow rested on near the window and my thumb grazed over my lips. I looked forward, still not seeing any signs of headlights coming down yet. Harry probably doesn't even know we're coming, so I guess I should warn him on that right now.

I pulled out my phone and unlocked it. I smiled at my background picture. I was holding the phone while Louis, Alice and Niall got behind me and did funnt faces, while I just smiled with my tongue wrenched up against my teeth.

Louis was doing a can-you-not-be-so-rachet face. Niall pointed at Alice and his face read she-stole-my-food-throw-her-in-jail. And Alice's face was amazing. Her hands covered over her ears and she made a face that looked like she was screaming. Her hair was left down naturally and she had a thin headband around her head making her look like a hippy.

When you're flying down the road, Alice and I'll be waiting in my car on the side of the road. If you want to see her, stop and you guys can talk. You can't stay for long because of Miles. You're lucky I even allowed her to see you, Harry. But you have to go straight back home and preted like you didn't just see your girl. Okay?

Minutes later after sending the message to Harry, I got a message back.

Okay.

I rolled my eyes at the The Fault In Our Stars thing.

"Zayn," Alice said. I looked over at her as she looked forward out through the windshield.

"What?" I said.

"There's a car that just pulled over, ten feet away from us." I could see the worry in her eyes as she tried moving closer to me for comfort. But the seat belt forbidded her to do so. My eyes moved to where she's been staring at, and I smiled.

It was only Harry, and she didn't know.

"It's okay, love. You know him," She looked at me with confusion and I just chuckled. "Just come on, and you'll see." She nodded and unbuckled the seat belt and opened up her door. I did the same and she was met by my side.

Harry's car's lights turned off but he didn't emerge out from the car. "Who is that? Why aren't they coming out?" I guided her with my hand on her back, and she walked without a problem. "Alice, please stop worrying. Nothing bad is going to happen." And she nodded at my words, hopefully trusting me.

I saw Harry's eyes snap up at Alice and I, and he fumbled with getting the seatbelt off from him. Soon, he opened up the door, and was standing in five feet away from us. Alice stopped walking due from shock, and I moved off to the side, watching those two stare at one another.

Alice's P.O.V

Zayn, what have you done? Why is he here? I thought he wasn't suppose to see me. This is all too confusing to me.

He just looked at me, and I could tell he's been crying. The way the moon light danced around his face, and onto his bloodshot eyes. His cheeks were coated with the dried tears that once fell from his eyes.

The autumn wind flew past me, making me shiver uncontrollably. My eyes welded up with tears as I saw Harry just look at me. Do something already!

"Alice I-" he stopped to sniffle as my lips began to quiver. Soon I was slowly crying. "I am so sorry for being an asshole." And then ran towards me. And I ran towards him. And in the end, I couldn't be happier to see him.

"You're such a dick but I love you so much," I cried into his hug and he laughed while crying as well. "I'm so sorry. I never meant for this to happen. You know that right? I just want you to be safe." He set me down and looked at me. His arms were still tightly around me. I looked up at him and noddded my head.

"Yeah, I know that. But I don't really feel safe with you not around." I whispered. Harry sighed and looked off to the side towards Zayn. He met Zayn's gaze and nodded, Zayn nodding back to him. "That's the thing,"

"You have to feel that way so Miles is convinced. Alice, he's going to try to get your soul when he thinks I'm not around. But, I'll always be around. You know to reach me, and I'll be there in an instant." I nodded.

"And in that moment babe, I know that I love you." I whispered to him softly.

"And in that moment princess, I swear that I love you too." He smiled while whispering back. I smiled and my stomach growled.

"And in that moment, I swear I was hungry." We all laughed at my comment and Zayn suggested we went out to eat before Harry had to leave.

Yay!! Another chapter written in less then an hour (I think?)! Haha, but yeah. I feel like I've lost some of you guys :( I think it's due to me not being able to interact with you guys as much! But as you all know, School is a piece of shit and I don't have time to!

You know, why do even have school if we won't use 50% of the things we learned in real life? It's quite rubbish if you ask me.

Michael needs to dye his hair blue again.

Zerrie needs to get married.

Larry is already real, so I don't have to say anything about that.

More Calum nudes need to be realesed.

Niall needs to bring me Nando's.

Liam needs to get a new tattoo.

Lashton needs to be real.

My UniKitties need to have Oreos.

I love you

-Tasha xoxox