TBITB|| LXXVII

Chapter seventy-seven of 'The Boy In The Basement':

School was long and boring. I wasn't feeling good to go. My stomach was not agreeing with me whatsoever. Hell, I couldn't even eat breakfast nor lunch! Gym didn't help me either. Niall and myself brought our gym cloths and had to do a lot of running. Don't adults know you can't expect a lot from teenagers?

During last period, I swear I felt like someone was watching me. Movements outside the window and whispering. I looked around the classroom, but no one else seemed to see nor hear the things I did. It made me feel crazy.

I didn't feel so crazy when I saw Harry waiting in the truck parked near the school. He was wearing his sunglasses and a jacket. His hair was pulled back into a bun; I barely recognized him. He made me mad, however, because I made sure Niall knew that Olive was giving us a ride home and to tell Harry not to pick us up. I saw Niall call him and tell him. Did he listen? No.

Olive met Niall and I in the middle of the hallway, flashing her teeth, greeting us. She asked if we were ready, and said that Tesse will be meeting us at my house. We answered with, "Yes, and okay that's fine. Zayn is tagging along with us also." Olive's eyes lite up making me smirk.

I walked past Harry when he got out of the truck, shutting the door with a loud dunk! He looked at me through those sunglasses. I swore I could see those green eyes glow just faintly. Goosebumps grew up on my arms and I cleared my throat.

"You guys heading somewhere?" he asked. I didn't answer; instead, I just kept walking, getting into the passenger side of Olive's car. I sensed she could feel the tension — the way she looked at him and I repeatedly — but I just looked at him.

"Yes, actually," I began, looking at him. "And you're not invited."

Without seeing his eyes, I just knew I hurt him. Serves him right due to how he treated me. He can't do that then expect me to crawl back into his arms. No, I am not like that whatsoever and nor will I ever be, hence should he even think I would be like that.

With the door shut, Olive drove off, leaving Harry standing behind us. Harry slowly took off his sunglasses and held them near his thigh. He turned and got into the truck, driving off in the opposite direction.

My heart was picking up its speed. What if something goes wrong? What if I accidentally capture somethings attention and it follows me home? What will happen if that were to occur? I need to relax; it's just a abandoned haunted house. That is all. I will have four other people with me.

Everyone else was excited. I can't say I'm not because that would be considered a lie. I'm just nervous as of what will happen. God only knows something terrible will happen then I'd regret even bringing this up.

I wanted to get out and hang out with my friends. And, one of Dads magazines were lying on the coffee table and I saw a picture of a big old haunted house. The windows were broken but behind the glass was wood to board them up. Bricks were chipped and graffiti stained the other bricks by some teenagers. Vines climbed up the sides of house, giving it an even creepier look than what it is already. The grass needed mowed; tress needed trimmed; those trees over took the yard along with bushes with dead black roses. How that happens, I have no clue.

I showed my friends the picture just saying how creepy was and then they suggest that we should all visit it Monday after school. I wanted to hang with my Dad but I will have time afterwards. I really don't plan on staying that long. What should I even be afraid of? Zayn will be there; he's really capable of protecting us. I know he is. He saved my life.