TBITB|| XXXV

Chapter Thirty-five of 'The Boy In The Basement':

 Niall, Louis, Zayn and I all talked for ten minutes, shared laughs, and memories with each other. I really like these guys, I could see all of us becoming friends, even though they're all older then me.

We forgot all about Zayn telling me his backstory, and I didn't mind. Afterall, we were just keeping each other company right now.

"So, Alice, how is life at home?" Louis asked me, and rested his elbow on the table. I gulped, meeting each pair of eyes. How am I suppose to tell them? I barely know them, yet I feel completely comfortable around them.

"Well, my parents are getting a divorce," I shrugged, looking down. I never realized how horrible it sounded until now. I know many people whose parents are divorced, and they all say it's horrible. I thought it was an exageration. But, now, I am in each of their shoes, and I now realize the pain.

My heart in my chest started to throb, and it hurt. My eyes started watering, and I closed my eyes. I bit my lip, wanting to keep the tears welded up in my eyes. I don't want to cry in front of three grown men! That's so embarressing!

"Aww, I am sorry, love. You okay?" Louis then asked me. I shook my head and a tear slid down my face, and onto my hand. "Louis, you idiot! You made her cry!" Zayn scolded Louis. Niall then hit Louis on the head.

I felt arms wrap around me, and I was full on crying. "Shh, shh, it's okay, Alice." I realized it was Zayn who was holding me. I burried my face into his chest, not caring if I barely know him, I just need someone here for me right now.

"Great, I feel like a reall ass." I heard Louis mutter. I lifted my head as Zayn rubbed my back soothingly. "Please don't feel bad, Louis." I said, wipping my eyes with my hand. Zayn was kneeling on the floor with his arms wrapped around me. Niall was leaning on the table beside Zayn and I, and Louis was standing up in front of us.

"I'm sorry for making you cry, Alice." he whispered to me. "It's not your fault, Louis. You were just curious. But, I do think that their divorce is my fault, and then, it completely isn't my fault at all." I mumbled.

"Babe, if you need to vent, we will listen." Niall offered willingly with a smile, and he rubbed my shoulder. "We will listen, we are great listeners." Zayn smiled at me. I smiled. "Thanks guys." I smiled. They all nodded.

Zayn removed his arms from me, and I sat up straighter. Louis walked around the big table and grabbed two more chairs for himself and Zayn. They all sat down in front of me, looking at me, waiting for my to vent.

I sighed, and looked down at my hands, I picked at my fingernails. "Okay, so when we first moved here, my Mom and Dad were happy as could be." I smiled at the memories my family and I have created, and our now ingrained in my head.

"After a few nights of them working, my Mom started acting. . . Strange." All the boys nodded, wanting me to carry on, and I dodn't mind doing so.

Alice, you don't need to tell them this.

I could hear Harry in my head. No, Harry. I need to tell them. Please, don't stop me, this is my choice.

Return home right away if you can't take anymore. Okay, princess? I don't like seeing you upset. . .

Harry, I will be okay.

Okay. I love you.

That's when I decided to say it. I love you too, Harry. 

"Her perfectly curled hair would always be messed up. Her lipstick seemed to always be smeared. It was just strange to me. Harry, my best friend, told me she was hiding something from my Dad and I. I did not believe him, I didn't want to believe him. I think deep down, I knew she was hiding something, and didn't want to accept it."