TBITB|| LVII

Chapter fifty-seven of 'The Boy In The Basement'

I rode to a small cafe a little down tje road where Harry saw it, with Zayn. He insisted on it because we can't be sure if Miles is near or not. Harry didn't protest, but I could see it in his eyes that he wanted me to ride with him.

Zayn pulled into the not-so-busy cafe and Harry pulled in after him. Zayn turned the keys and pulled them out, his car shutting off.

The only noises I could hear was our breathing, crickets outside, and the leaves rustling in the wind.

All of us emerged into the cafe where a young tired-looking girl waited us. We sat in the back of the cafe where a old couple were smiling at each other and eating.

I sat with Harry while Zayn sat on the opposite side of us. Harry's hand rested on my thigh under the table. It gave me butterflies.

"Hi, my name is Jessi and I'll be your waitress for tonight," the girl who greeted us when we walked in, smiled. All of us smiled back.

"What can I get you to drink?" Harry ordered a Mountain Dew. Zayn ordered a Pepsi. And I just ordered a hot chocolate because they had it, and it was cold!

Jessi said she'd be back soon with our drinks, so we decided to talk. "How long is this going to go on?" I asked softly. My eyes avoided theirs.

Zayn let out a sigh. I didn't hear anthing from Harry; though his hand squeezed my thigh gently.

"Whenever we put an end to Miles." said Zayn. I licked my lips and sat back.

"Great," I mumbled under my breath.

"We're going to get people to join us so we can stop him," Harry told me. I nodded. Who would join them though? I know Niall and Louis would volunteer to help, but what powers do they have? None.

What about Liam? He seems pretty cool, and nice, despite everything I've heard about him. But at this point, I don't know if he would join. Who else do we have?

We have no one. Our army base will be small, and Miles is really dangerous and strong.

"Guys, all we have is Louis, Niall and Liam. We have no one else to help us." I looked at them, and it was hard determining their facial expressions.

"We will go to the Warrior's layer," Zayn suggested. I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Why's that?"

"Because. They have all the documents of all the spirits in this world. And, we can contact some, tell them what's going on, and if they want to help- great! If not, then we'll move down the list."

I nodded my head at the idea because it made sense. "How big do we need to get?" I asked then.

"We just need as many people as possible right now," said Harry.

I saw Jessi coming with out drinks amd I smiled at her while she walked towards us. She looked to be in her twenties.

She set my steamy hot chocolate down in front of me, "Here you go, hun." I gave her my thanks and so did the guys.

"You're welcome. Now, what'd you like to eat?"

"I'd like a pretzel with extra cheese please." It just really sounded good.

"May I get the quarter pounder cheeseburger with fries, please?" asked Zayn. Damn, that's a big burger. He's kinda a small lad too.

"And for you?" Jessi looked at Harry. He looked at her and ordered small nachos with extra cheese and olives.

"Okay, I'll be back in a few with your food." She smiled and walked away.

After she was out of sight, Zayn spoke up, "Okay, we need to talk about school."

And I think I mentally died when he said "school". Not because I don't want to go, I just won't feel safe. Because of Miles.

"Do I have to go?" I whined.

"Yes. And that's final." Harry didn't hesitate to answer me. I sighed and took a cautious sip of my hot chocolate.

"But what about-?" Zayn interrupted me.

"Miles? Already have that figured out, love."

"Yeah, so don't worry." Harry smiled and I couldn't help but give them a you-already-know-I'll-worry face. They rolled their eyes.

"Niall will be 'turtoring' you since he's already been through this stuff, and the schools are allowing everyone to do it."

Niall was amazing, honestly. I would enjoy it even more if it was only Harry.

"So what's the plan then?" I asked.

"Well, I'll be dropping you off and pick you up from school along with Niall. Honestly, don't leave Niall's sight which means you're just going to school and back, that's it."

"If you do need to go anywhere, let us know and we'll take you there. Okay? We just want you to be safe." Harry added.

"I understand, and I'd like to be around Niall more. Because he seems funny and he just loves life-- and food." We all laughed.

Jessi brought us our food and we ate in silence. The cafe was fairly large, and was home-warming.

Pumpkin spices were easily recognized when you stepped in. The theme was plastered with different covered leaves, pumpkins, spiderwebs, skeletons, and many more things that gave it the Halloween feel.

"Harry?" I turned to him while he shoved two nacho chips layered with cheese, sour cream, and hamburger. He looked at me while he chewed. I smiled at him.

"You gotta a little-" I pointed but he just looked at me. I rolled my eyes and leaned in to kiss his lips. He instantly kissed me back, and I heard Zayn sigh happily at us.

When we pulled apart, we looked at each other. "I got it don't worry." He smiled and nodded.

"Anyways," I said. "Are we going to be able to see each other at all? Like could we go out of town to see each other?"

Zayn and Harry looked at each other, and I slowly picked off a piece from my giant pretzel.

"Honestly, we're not sure. We need to keep you safe. We're risking your life right now, Alice." Zayn told me quietly.

"I know that, but this is going to be hard. . ." I whispered.

"I understand that very much. We can do this once in awhile but other then that, no contact at all." said Zayn sternly.

Don't worry, Alice. I'll text you, call you, talk to you like this, and maybe I'll sneak into your room. But this is risky and we need to be careful.

I nodded, and Harry saw me.

Wow, this is going to be harder then I thought.

I'm seriously typing all of this on my phone and it's a pain in the ass cause I don't have the word count -.- so sorry if this is short.

How are you guys doing lately? Maybe in a week or two, I'll start the Q&A again!

I love you UniKitties

-Tasha xoxo