TBITB|| LXXXIV

Chapter dedication: SparkedStyles

Chapter eighty-four of 'The Boy In the Basement':

A day later after Olive's stalker was caught, Dad and I received a phone call from an unknown number. The voice sounded familiar and it said, "I'm so sick of this life here. I've been such a horrible mother it's dragging me down. I'm going to America to relive a new life. The American dream! I hope to find myself a man but when I do, I'm not moving into a relationship right away. No. Just know that I still love you dearly and I'm truly sorry for everything I have caused for you both." It was Kathy.

"Good for her, I'm happy she's getting her life back." Steve said and turned off his phone. I just sat there and stared down at my hands. She's actually leaving? That's scary. My mother going to America, across the world! Despite all the shit Kathy put me through, I will miss her. She is my mom after all and I can't change that. She was the woman who gave birth to me.

Half a month later....

A week from tomorrow is prom. Today is Saturday. The way the guys asked us girls to prom was quite sweet. Harry sang to me on the outer com. It was a short verse from Deathbeds by Bring Me The Horizon. I remember the lyrics as the light of day. And on my deathbed, all I see is you. The life may leave my lungs, but my heart will stay with you... that little kiss you stole, it took my heart and soul, and like a ghost in the silence I dissappear. Don't try and fight the storm, you'll tumble over board. Tides will bring me back to you.

Zayn asked Olive by going to a really well known hotel for a weekend --last weekend-- and took her swimming in the pool there. When they walked in, Olive was astound to the roses floating in the water forming the words, Will You Go To Prom With Me Olive?

Niall took Tessa to a candle lit dinner. He gave her a bouquet of different flowers mixed together and asked her. She was so happy when she told me, that smile would not go away.

Louis and Bethany have been working a lot because they plan on going to Ireland for a week. They're so close to getting it.

Since its a Friday with no school, the girls and I decided we should go pick out our dresses. Though I wasn't a big fan of dresses, I was quite excited to be getting a dress. Apparently Dad has been saving up money for me since a month ago for prom and gave me almost two hundred dollars this morning. That's for a dress, shoes and accessories.

The guys were gonna be getting suites for the prom so I didn't worry about telling Harry where I would be. Zayn stayed over last night along with Olive. They used my room while Harry and I slept downstairs.

I walk up the stairs quietly since the stairs creek undelightfully. I heard Zayn's soft snores escape my bedroom and I opened the door. I saw Olive putting a v neck shirt on and called her name.

"I thought you were still sleeping," I told her and laughed quietly, not wanting to wake Zayn up. Hell, WWIII could be going on right now and he wouldn't hear a damn thing.

"Nope, just got finished getting dressed. Is Tessa up?" Olive grabbed her wallet and stuck in the back pocket of her jeans, making her way to the door.

"Yeah, I texted her a few minutes ago." Olive nodded and went downstairs with me following behind her.