TBITB|| XVII

Chapter Seventeen of 'The Boy In The Basement':

A heart beat. You'd never expect to feel that in a ghost, would you? No, not at all. But that's what happened to me. A heart beat was felt, and heard from Harry's chest clear as day. I kept my hand there even though Harry moved his hand away.

There it was again, but it was fainter. I breathed out and looked at him, slowly moving my hand away from his chest. "You weren't lying." I whispered. Harry shook his head. "No, I wasn't." he whispered back to me.

I grabbed my head in my hands and closed my eyes, trying to process everything. "So, can you come back to life?" I asked him. Harry shrugged. "We got this far. I believe so." he answered. I sat down, getting light headed.

"Just way too much to take in." I breathed out. Harry helped me down on my bed, and sat down next to me. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he let me. He held my hand and played with my fingers. Who knew that I had the advantage to bring someone back to life.

I'm just happy that I am happy to be able to do something for someone. "I'm going to go get a glass of water, I'll be right back." I said to Harry. I disconnected my hand from his and stood up. "Okay. I'll stay here." I laughed quietly as I walked down the stairs.

My dad was at work, and my mom was home. So, I have no idea what she is doing, and I don't really care. I'm still pissed at her from when she slapped me. I know I was being a little bitch, but she didn't need to take it that far. And, I'm still pretty sure she's hiding something from both dad and I.

I walked down the spiral staircase and walked into the kitchen, grabbing a clean glass from the cupboard. I turned on the faucet and let it run for a few seconds so it could get could. I heard noises in the living room.

Shrugging it off, I put my glass underneath the faucet and filled up my glass. Turning off the water I drank from my glass. The pounding in my head seemed to calm down slightly. I took my glass with me and began walking into the living room.

The noises grew louder, and it sounded like... moaning? "Mom?" I called out and walked clear into the living room. There on the couch was my mom fucking another guy. I dropped my glass. It shattered everywhere, and water went everywhere as well.

My mom look up from underneath the guy and looked at me with wide eyes. "Alice?! What the hell are you doing here?!" she asked, and pushed the guy off from her. "Who the fuck is that?" asked the guy and wrapped a blanket around his waist.

"Me? What the fuck are you doing?!" I yelled, balling my fists up at my sides. Mom sat up and grabbed a pillow, covering up her exposed parts. "How could you do this to dad?" I asked as my eyes welded up with tears.

"Hun, please do-" I cut her off. "Don't fucking call me that. I can't believe you would do this! I thought you loved my dad!" I yelled, clearly upset. Okay, not the right word. I was pissed."Don't tell your father, please." she begged.

"Why? So you can go sleep around some more behind is back?" I asked , tears running down my face. I was so mad at her. I can't believe her! I should've believed Harry the first time he told me she was hiding something. But I didn't, and now I feel like I owe him a apology.

"Alice Dawson, you listen to-" but I didn't wait for her to finish. Instead, I ran off, and ended up cutting my feet on the glass that shattered all around me. I ran out of the house, and through the back yard and up into the tree house Harry showed me.

I climbed up the ladder with my tears running down my face. I sat down up against the wall and brought my knees up to my chest. Sobs was the only noise I could hear at the moment, and I hung my head in my knees.

I just can't believe what she did. What she did to my dad. I don't consider as a mother anymore. I know I should, but when I walked in on her "fun time" and saw what she was doing, I just lost all my appreciation towards her.

I just wanted to be alone, and mourn over my self. Do I tell my dad? Or do I leave it like I didn't walk in on her having sex with-- whoever that was.

Alice? Where are you? All I heard was yelling, and a glass breaking, and then nothing.

"I'm in the tree house, Harry." I answered with sobs racking my body. I never looked up as I cried even harder, the images playing in my head again. Why won't they leave me alone?

"Are you okay?" a voice asked. I looked up, seeing Harry standing by the window. I looked at him and shook my head. "No." I cried. Harry sat down next to me and wrapped his arms around me. His skin was once again warm, and he pulled me onto his lap, rocking me slowly.

"Harry, you were right. I should have believed you in the beginning." I whispered through the horrible tears. "Alice, what the hell are you talking about?" I sat up and looked at him. His eyes held sympathy and with a tint of green.

"My mom. When you said she was hiding something? Yeah, well I found out what it was." I told him. Harry furrowed his eyebrows and looks at me. "What do you mean?" he asked. "She was fucking somebody on the couch, in the living room." I whispered, and the tears came out harder this time.

I hugged Harry again and Harry held me tightly in his arms. "Wow, I am so sorry." he whispered. I shook my head. "And the worst part was, she begged me not to tell my dad." I said. "You need to tell him. That is serious, Alice. She can't keep doing that behind her husbands back. That's just not right at all." Harry told me.

"I know. I just don't know how to tell him." Harry sighed and rubbed my back. My head laid against his chest and I could hear the steady heart beat in his chest, and I closed my eyes, falling asleep.

#50 in Paranormal, and #387 in Fanfiction?! Oh my unicorns! That is amazing! I just can't thank you all enough for what you have done for me, you inspire me to write, so thank you for that!

Wow, what an intense chapter! What did you think about it? Is Alice going to tell her Dad? What is Alice's mother going to do? Any predictions for upcoming chapters? Please answer in the comment section!

I love you all, Lovelies!

-Tasha xox