TBITB|| XXIV

Chapter Twenty-Four of 'The Boy In The Basement':

It's been thirty minutes since my Dad passed out from when he saw Harry. I must admit, it was pretty funny, but I still felt bad that it happened to him. Harry helped me move him onto the couch. So now we've been waiting patiently for him to wake up.

"Did I kill him?" Harry questioned out loud. I looked over at him and rolled my eyes. "Yeah, you totally killed him, Harry." I said sarcastically. Harry grabbed his face and dramatically cried out. "What have I done?!" he whispered yelled.

I laughed and covered my mouth. "You are so retarded!" I laughed as Harry smiled like a total dork towards me. "Why, thank you. I try very, very hard." he smiled. "Who is retarded?" I heard my Dad's voice speak up. I widened my eyes and turned towards Dad.

He had a cool, damp washcloth lying across his forehead, and he was rubbing his eyes. "Um, Harry?" I said, hoping he'd remember what'd happen. "Oh, Harry? I had a dream where he showed himself to me." Dad sat up and closed his eyes. I bit my lip, watching him.

"Um, sir, that actually happened." Harry smiled at Dad. My Dad snapped his head up and looked at Harry. "Holy shit." he breathed. Harry smiled awkwardly and rubbed his neck. "Alice? Is this some kind of joke?" Dad asked me.

I shook my head. "No! Of course not." I said, standing up. Dad sighed and rubbed his forehead. He found the washcloth on his forehead and took it off. Dad sat back and looked over at Harry. I took the washcloth from Dad and began walking away with it.

Harry's P.O.V

"So. You are the boy that was um.. murdered down in the basement?" Alice's Dad asked me as politely as he could. I nodded. "Uh, yeah actually." I answered. He  nodded. "Do you mind me asking what happened to the rest of your family, Harry?" he then asked.

"No, not at all. My Mum died of lung cancer a year later, and my Dad died from depression and a heart attack. Then I found out my sister, Gemma, died by committing suicide down, by hanging herself." it took every single nerve in my body that has came back, to not cry.

Alice's Dad nodded and he had a look of sorrow on his face. I wiped my eyes and bit my finger nail. "I'm sorry to hear that, son." he whispered. I  nodded. "It's okay, wasn't your fault." I said.

After a few moments of silence, he spoke up. "This is very weird talking to someone dead." he chuckled nervously. I wanted to tell him about how Alice is bringing me back to life, but I don't know if she wants him to know that just yet. I mean, I would worry because he's passed out once already just by seeing me.

"Yeah, it's quite funny how Alice and I met." I smiled recalling the memory of seeing the beautiful I have grown to love. "How did you meet?" it sounded like he grew ten times more curious. He sat up a bit and leaned in, waiting for my answer.

"Well, it was the first day you all moved here. And, when her Mum told her to bring some boxes down to the basement, she saw me. You see, I have the capability of revealing myself to whoever I want. And, she seamed like a sweet girl, plus I just wanted a friend," I began smiling when I saw how nervous she was coming down to the old basement.

Alice's Dad nodded, smiling slightly as he egged me to continue on. And, I was happy to do so. "When she saw me, I think I scared her a bit, even though she really didn't show it. When she began blinking, it was a distraction so I could disappear. I wanted to see if she wanted to know more about me." I finished.

"What's your Dad's name, babe?" I asked Alice inside her head. I heard her response clear as day. It was Steven.

"Are there anymore stories? These are quite interesting." Steven said, smiling. I laughed and nodded. "Oh, there are loads, trust me." I smiled. I was about to tell him about the time when we talked in the bathroom, but Alice came in.

"What are you boys talking about?" she asked and sat down next to me. "We are men." both Steven and I said at the same time. We all looked back and forth to each other and we began laughing. "That was weird!" Alice commented.

"Yes, it was." Steven said. And I smiled. Soon, we spent the entire evening talking about different stories between Alice and I. We left out the kissing, and her seeing that Demon, and Miles. Speaking of Miles and demons, that Demon that Alice saw was actually Miles before they meant.

Alice's P.O.V

"Alice, do you want to help set up the table for dinner?" Harry asked. I looked into the kitchen, and Dad was cooking something, while Harry was getting things out for the table. I smiled. I'm glad to see that they are bonding so well.

"Yeah, I'll help." I smiled and walked over to Harry, grabbing some silverware from his hand. Our hands brushed, and we both smiled and blushed.

During dinner, I started to feel sick to my stomach, and it was not because of my Dad's cooking, because his cooking is the best. I dropped my fork, and rubbed my head. My vision started becoming blurry, and I began sweating really bad.

"Oh, my God. Alice, are you alright?" Harry's voice was just a faint whisper to me. I looked at him with my eyes barley open, and shook my head. "Harry," I coughed. I covered my mouth with my hands and began coughing even more.

When I pulled my hands away, there was blood dripping everywhere off my hands and onto the floor. "What the fuck?!" Harry yelled. He kicked the chair behind him and caught me right before I fell to the ground.