TBITB|| XXXIV

Chapter Thirty-Four of 'The Boy In The Basement':

All I could do at this point was stare at him with disbelief. This could not of happened, could it? He couldn't of put that tattoo on Harry's chest. It's very hard for me to believe that. But with everything that I have been through in these past few months, I am beginning to believe Zayn as well.

I was so shocked, I didn't know what to say to Zayn. All I was able to do was stare at him, studying him, to see if this was just a sick joke. Zayn store right back at me, with the same expression, no sign of joking written on his face whatsoever.

"How did you know I knew him" was all I was able to say to Zayn. I watched Zayn as he looked down at his drawing, running his fingers slightly over the rose's big petal. "I have the ability to see if people have connection through the spirit world. I could feel that you knew Harry." he replied.

Licking my lips, I looked down at Zayn's big hands, and watched as they caressed the paper. So, do all ghosts have a special power? Wait- forget that question, Harry acted as if he had never heard the name 'Zayn' before, when he asked about Zayn earlier. That's what confused me the most.

"Zayn, I am so confused," I closed my eyes and shook my head. "Harry acted like he never knew you existed." I said, reopening my eyes again. Zayn shrugged, turning his head towards me. "There's something called lying, Alice. He probably didn't want you knowing, he probably thought it'd freak you out." he recommended.

That makes more sense, I mean, I can't entirely blame Harry for basically lying to me about him knowing Zayn. And the thing was that I never even asked if he knew a Zayn. So, now that gives me a even bigger reason not to be mad at him.

I grabbed my head and sighed. "How?" I asked. Zayn looked at me. His hard, jawline tightened, and his thin lips formed into a thin, straight line across his mouth. "How what?" he asked in return.

"How did you die? When did you die? I just. . ." I paused, taking in a sharp, deap breathe. "I just want answers, Zayn." I know Harry wouldn't give them to me right away, so that's why I am asking Zayn. Now, I don't know whether or not Zayn will give them to me, but it's worth the shot.

Zayn turned on his chair so he was facing me. "I will tell you everything, Alice." he said. And I smiled, getting ready to listen.

Harry's P.O.V

I read a bit more after Alice left, exactly 21 minutes. I put The Perks Of Being A Wallflower down, making sure to bend the corner of the paper down for a bookmark. I got up off from the floor and coughed. My throat tickled.

I made my way towards the door to Alice's room when in a flash, the door slammed shut, and the room suddenly became dark. Everything in Alice's room vanished, so it was only four walls, a door, and myself.

My head turned from the left to the right repeatedly, and I could feel my heart beating hard, and fast in my chest, which started to hurt. A laugh came through into the room, and I stopped worrying because I knew exactly who it was.

"Miles." I said, nodding my head, and stuffing my hands in my pockets. I honestly hate this kids guts. If I could, I would chop his baby-maker off and shove it down his throat, then tell him to go back to Hell and rot there. It'd be best for everyone if he/I did that.

"Hello, Harry. Where is your toy at?" Slowly he appeared right before me, looking the same as he did when he tried taking Alice's soul. But, bruises were added to his face, and I smirked. That was before I realized he referred Alice as my "toy".

"She isn't my toy, Miles. You can't treat a girl like a doll, and play with her whenever you feel like it." I sneered. Miles laughed, throwing his head back as he laughed demonically. I furrowed my eyebrows together, and was glad Alice wasn't here with this prick.