TBITB|| XXI

I see Austin Mahone playing Miles!

Chapter Twenty-One of 'The Boy In The Basment':

"Um, who is it?" I called out, and looked at Harry still. He was looking at the door, and both of out chests were rising and falling at a fast pace. "Um, it's Miles." my eyes widened and I flew up from the floor. Harry sat up and watched me.

I scurried to my laptop and turned off the music, and looked back at Harry. "I'll be out in a second, I have to change." I yelled to Miles and looked at Harry. "Oh, okay." Miles said. "Harry, get out!" I whispered to him forcefully.

Harry sighed and stood up, walking over towards me. "Remember, he's dangerous, and I'll be in the basement," Harry whispered to me. I looked up into his now fully green orbs, and nodded. "Okay." I whispered.

Harry leaned into me, as he flickered his eyes between my eyes and lips. I found myself leaning into him too. Soon, our lips were connected, and we were kissing. His lips felt so warm, and soft, it was a whole new experience for me.

Harry pulled back and rested his forehead against mine. "You're mine. Don't forget it." then he slowly vanished. I stood up straighter and blinked a few times. You're mine. It just kept replaying in my mind. I'm his.

"Um, Alice? Are you done?" I heard Miles ask. Oh, I forgot that Miles was in the house. Why is he even here? I walked over to the door and opened it. Miles' hair was styled up into a messy quiff. His brown eyes were big, and his lips were turning up into a smile.

"Hi." I managed to speak. "Hey, babe." he leaned into to my lips, but my mind raced back to Harry and what he told me. You're mine. I turned my head so his lips kissed my cheek. Miles pulled back and smiled. "Okay then." he chuckled nervously.

"Uh, come on in." I opened the door wider for him to come in, and he did. I closed the door behind him and sighed. "So," I began, "What brings you here?" I questioned him. Miles stuffed his hands into his jean pockets and smiled at me.

"What? I can't come visit my best friend?" Miles asked. I laughed. "Sorry, you're right." I smiled at him and walked over to my desk, sitting down on the chair.

Best friend my ass.

Seriously Harry? Now is not the time for you to bicker. I sighed and rolled my eyes. Of course Harry would be the one to make a smart ass comment like that. Miles sat down on my bed, and picked up my copy of The Fault In Our Stars."I didn't know you liked to read."

"Uh, yeah. It's always been a hobby of mine." I admitted. "Hmm. So you're a book worm?" he smiled up at me and flipped through the pages. I nodded with a smile on my face. "Yes, you could say that."

I was actually reading that to you, so technically you haven't been reading it. You've been listening to it.

Seriously, if you were here right now, Harry, I would smack you. But, he clearly can't be here right now because of Miles. I do have an uneasy feeling around Miles now because Harry tells me he is a demon. Still, I don't see how, but he's been around longer then me, and I've been taught to respect your elders.

Hey! I'm not that old! I'm like 23 years old.

Yeah, he does have a point there. Darn you, Harry. "Why were your parents fighting?" Miles asked me. I gulped and my eyes began to burn with tears. I brought my hand up to my face where Mom smacked me- twice.

"Um, well, I really don't want to talk about it, Miles." I whispered to him and wiped my eyes. Miles frowned at me, and nodded. "I'm sorry I brought it up in the first place." he apologized. I shrugged. "It's okay, you didn't know."

 "Was it something your Mom did, or was it your Dad?" Miles asked. I sat up and looked at him like he was stupid. "Didn't I just say I did not want to talk about it?" I asked and furrowed my eyebrows together. Miles cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Sorry, I was just curious." I sighed and the tears started coming back.

Harry's P.O.V

I watched Alice and Miles from behind the door. I lied, I wasn't going down to the basement. I need to make sure she is safe around that thing. My heart was aching for her. I don't know if it's because Miles is trying to make her cry, or I just love her. Ugh, these feelings are just too confusing for me.

A small sniffle arose from Alice and I tightened my fists. That damn prick made her cry. I saw him get up and kneel down in front of her. He grabbed her wrist and looked up into her teary eyes. "Hey, hey. Babe, I am sorry, I did not mean to make you cry." he whispered to her.

She nodded and went to move her hands out of his grip, but it seemed like the grip only tightened. "Tell him to let go of you now, Alice." I commanded to her. "Can you please let go of me, Miles?" she asked as nicely as she could.

"Hold on." he whispered and tightened his grip. "Ow! Miles that is starting to hurt!" she cried. I saw steam rising up from where they were connected. He was seeping into her soul! I don't care if he see's me, I need to save her.

I kicked down the door and stormed over to Miles. "Harry?!" Alice's eyes widened as she saw me. And then there was another look in her eyes, it looked almost like relief. "Harry?" Miles asked confused. "Get your filthy demon hands off from my girl." I growled before grabbing his hand, ripping it off from her wrist.

I brought my foot up and kicked him square in the chest, making him fall over onto the floor. "Dude, what the fuck?!" he yelled at me. "Don't ever touch her again! I know what you are!" I yelled. He smiled evily up at me and stood up.

Alice stood behind me and her tiny hands grabbed a fistful of my shirt. She was shivering. "Just stay behind me, Alice. Don't move." I told her softly through her head. "I know you. You're that dude that got murdered in this house." he said.

My heart began pounding in my chest, as memories began filling my head, and soon, everyone could see them around Alice's room.