𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓

After a month of the writing process for a song me and Jaden were finally done writing and releasing my song. It was called "DTA" and Jaden helped me through instrumentals and producing it. These past couple of months have held a lot of stress but the good part is through all of it, my mental health is almost back in shape. It went way quicker than I expected it to because of the help from Jaden.

Gus and Nessa broke up but it was for the better of both of their mental healths and honestly, I'm proud of the outcome even if it might've been negative for them.

I was scheduled to go in for a genius interview to break down my song and I was super excited. Jaden said he was coming with me to show his support and that showed a lot more of what kind of person he is. It was 6pm right now and before the interview, me and Jaden decided to grab dinner. We were outside of where they filmed the interview and I was getting extremely anxious and nervous.

"Hey Haylee, you're gonna do amazing! Trust me with this. People love you and hearing your side of the story is gonna make you more likeable. So we don't go into a panic attack, let's just breathe for a second. Okay?"

"Okay"

Jaden brings me through a couple of synchronized breathing exercises then he stops when he sees I've calmed down a bit.

"Hayles, I'm gonna be with you the whole time. You're gonna do great!"

"Thanks, Jae" He hugs me and then lets me go after a couple of minutes.

"You got this!" We both head inside and the people greet us into the building then they start recording when we got situated. They gave me the layout last week so I had time to practice.

"A lot of people go through breakups, no matter who that's with and I figured a lot of people also lost hope for a period of time after, no matter if it was short or long. To put something into a song about my life and have other people relate to that makes me feel like I got my message out there"

I posed like they had written to do in the interview layout they had given me then I continued speaking.

"There was along a ton of emotions put into this song, more so my state that I was in after it happened. My idea of writing this specific break-up song was getting into the fact of, it's okay to be self-confident but it's also okay to have that sad feeling of getting over it at the same time. This song will always be a part of me knowing that it influenced so many people especially how soon it did"

"He told me that he fuckin' made me, that made me mad. I was holdin' onto love that we didn't have. Maybe it's time. That I let go"

"I know a lot of people who have been in a situation where the relationship they had was one-sided and when they realized they were the only one sorta holding up the whole relationship they let it go and then the person that they were with was disappointed in them. Even though they left it first"

"You walk in, I'm keepin' my distance. I'm askin' myself, "Why the fuck would I miss this?""

"After a relationship, you're between the mental states of, I'm a good person why you'd they do this to me and I'm a horrible person and I understand why they did it. When you realize that your mental health is getting better when you get out of that relationship you're basically like, why the fuck would I miss being with this person"

"I'm goin' through the memories of everything we had and it's all bad. I'm through, I've had enough, of you, I'm givin' up. Drunk again, tellin' you, "Don't pick me up""

"Some people are more vulnerable when they're in an intoxicated state, which lead me to come up with this lyric is because it was like, I guess, a metaphor to being manipulated without knowing it and then when you realize you're just like, woah, I don't wanna see you for a while"