𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟔

Stokeley's POV
Gus just got finished his speech and I was up to speak. In my opinion, I didn't have the right to speak because I have took her for granted most of the time but I felt she would've wanted me to even after the situation between us happened. I walked up to the stand and started my speech.

"The quote 'Sometimes we get so wrapped up in getting what we want, that we forget to ask ourselves why we wanted it in the first place' was stated by Ian Gallagher on Shameless. Why I decided to use this quote today was because Haylee was a carer. She was the carer and the most trustworthy person in our house towards everyone. Eventually, that weight got pushed on her too hard. Simply enough to put it is we got so wrapped up in having the feeling of being cared from her, that almost everyone forgot to ask her what and how she wanted to be cared for"

"Me and Haylee met the casual 3 summers ago but I met her before anyone else did, I'm really glad I got to meet her no matter what. We clicked right away even if that only lasted a short period of time. 19 years old at the time and one of the maturest 19-year-olds there was, the only thing she didn't have at the time was having a stable balance, and that's where the story begins on how we met" I say while laughing a bit trying not to cry.

"One hallway to the next, one belief to the next. She always believed in things like someone walks down a hallway, never to stop until they get to the point where they want to be. Haylee had the strongest beliefs over things, more than anyone else I knew. Never letting anything get in her way of what she did believe in and she believed in what she believed in unconditionally"

"As we had a lot of tough moments with each other that never took away from the good moments we experienced. My favourite moment with her wasn't a day, wasn't a week, wasn't a month, it was the time that she was on my side and smiling. Smiling because she did something to make herself happy, or just because of something I said. When Haylee smiled it made everyone's day brighter, especially her own and I could see that when I looked at her"

"Her accomplishments per say were extremely valuable to her. In the sense of how she treated the people around her it was something that she valued most of all. To be as caring as she was is extremely hard to do, and she made it look so easy when she did so. Especially to be as caring as she was in the shoes she was living in"

"I will choose to pass it on to Jarad now but thank you all for coming to listen to our stories about Haylee. Being the person she was, she would've appreciated you coming today and as well to her funeral. We passed our rough points and that made you strong but you were already strong enough being yourself and never stopping what you loved, love you Haylee"