𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎

A couple of weeks went by since I was hanging out with Jaden, Jarad, and Gus. Mine and Jaden's relationship was going really good then out of nowhere Jaden knocked on my door and sat on the other side of the room from me. It caught me off guard and I was worried I something wrong.

"Haylee, can I talk to you? If you say yes, you can't lie to me. Especially in the state, I'm in right now" he asks me.

"Always Hossler, you can always talk to me. You know I'm always here for you no matter what" I say reassuring him.

"Thank you... It means a lot to me"

"Jae, come here" I open my arms and continue talking "What's going on?"

"Hayles, I really need my space away from you right now. At least when I ask you this..."

"Did I do something Jaden? Whatever I did I'm sorry. Sorry that I hurt you and made you go into a state like this" I said in a nervous voice on the edge of crying.

"Haylee, no. You didn't do anything! It's just my fucked up mind making me believe the shit I don't want to again about people I'm close to"

"Jaden, I'm here. I love you so much more than you believe and I don't care if you choose to take your anger out on me right now. Just tell me everything that's going on in your mind"

"I don't know where to start..."

"Start wherever you need to Jaden, I have all the time in the world to sit here and listen to you talk about what's bothering you and I truly mean it"

"Forget about it Haylee, I'm just fucking overreacting and I shouldn't have even brought anything up. I'm sorry, this is all my fault" he said getting up as he starts to walk out of the room. Before he got far I stood up and grabbed his hand then he continued to say "I'm not worth your time, I'll just make you more mentally unstable than you need to be. My problems don't need to be yours"

"Jaden Isaiah Hossler, listen to me and look at me while you listen. First of all, I fucking love you so much and nothing will ever change that. You've helped me so much in the past, therefore, I'll do the same for you. Whatever you have to say will never be overreactive even if you think so at that moment. I don't care how little or big the problem you need to talk to me about is, I'm always here for you and to listen to you no matter what. You mean a lot to me and seeing you in a state like this genuinely makes me feel like a bad person, like I did something to make you feel like this"

He closed the door and then sat down in the corner. I chose to lock the door then I sat beside him. He started to get emotional and said "I'm so goddamn sorry Haylee. You shouldn't have to see me like this..."

"Jaden I don't care, me and you both know each other's mental health problems and how it affects our behaviour towards ourselves and other people. I understand what you're going through. Come on, let's go lay down or at least sit down on the bed. Tell me everything you need to tell me and we'll discuss it after. Okay?"

"Okay..." we both get up and he lays down and I sit beside him, facing him.

"What did you wanna talk about?" I ask him.

"My ex and how she treated me..."

"Alright, go ahead. Start where you need to"

"You know who she is, and her bases of how she acts but me and her ended up dating for 2 years straight. If I'm being honest it was 2 of the worst years of my life and they got wasted. I changed so much throughout the duration of it and I also go hurt so much. She fucked me up so much that it changed everything about myself after what happened and now it sorta feels like I was moved from one book to another. She turned me to be cold-hearted to people I don't know shit about and only clicking with certain people that I feel I'm actually close to" he stops for a second then says "Fuck it, I'm done. It's gonna hurt you because you're seeing how bad I got hurt"