𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟓

Gus' POV
After Chase was done his speech I went up on the stand to say my part of the memorial, as I wasn't really that close with Haylee I was uneasy about the speech but she deserved to get one from everyone at the house and way more people than that.

"To start off my speech, I'd like to say thank you and start of with a quote. It goes 'Two steps forward and one step back is still one step forward' said by Rosa Diaz from Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Haylee enjoyed watching that TV show, sometimes that's all she'd talk about but we were all so involved in it because she did so much for us"

"Me and Haylee, along with most of the people here today met 3 summers ago during a concert that was held by GBC. It took awhile for us to get to know each other but when we did we were really good friends"

"Positivity is being constructive, optimistic, or confident. All of which were what Haylee was. Believing in something just to pursue what you believe in is exactly what Haylee did. Mental Illness, Mental Health, Female Empowerment, and Body Positivity is what she stood for and she never stopped going towards what she believed in, for her those were things that she wanted everyone to have awareness on"

"Accomplishments, she accomplished so many things. From the topic of music to just every day things, she had a passion for a lot of things. Some of those interests of hers showed the creative side of her, such as making a song and being in two music videos. The others showed her work towards and for the community"

"To be there for people unconditionally was her biggest strength. Never did she ever stop doing so"

"Everything changes with time, you can't predict where you're gonna be next year, you have no idea you know what I mean? There was times where she was at low points, situations she experienced, some where shitty and some where horrible. Everyone was convincing her at the start that time heals everything, even if it's like 3 years later you might be waiting for this shit to heal but it will happen. Eventually, she stated that nothing was happening but honestly I thought to myself that things are going to get better for her. Unfortunately some circumstances showed up and they didn't but still, we all have to be grateful for the life that she did live and we shouldn't be ungrateful for that"

"Shortly, we will wrap this up on my behalf of the speech but I wanna just say that she had a lovely soul and cared about every single person around her. I wanted to say thank you so much for everyone who came here today and to everyone who attended her funeral. Haylee, just remember to stay yourself up there and I love you no matter what"