Chapter 9

"Mikhaela Lim, are you with us? Yves asked.

"Huh?" Khae is busy with her phone.

"Do you wanna go to Francheska's on Saturday?"  Yves repeated her question earlier.

"Hmm", Khae could hear Yves talking but her attention is with the one she's chatting with.

"What?" Do you wanna go?" Yves said calmly but her patience is running thin.

"Huh? What did you say?" Khae asked. She looked at Yves.

"Haaay", Yves looked at Francheska and Lindtsey with frustration.

"My goodness, Khae!" Francheska exclaimed.

"What happened to no phone Wednesday rule?" Lindtsey asked.

"What?" Khae asked. "I'm not playing"

"You're not? Then why are you glued on your phone?" Yves asked.

Khae just shrugged her shoulders. She feels shy to tell them that she's chatting with Aiah.

"Ok, phones here." Francheska put her phone on the table and asked everyone to do the same. Lindtsey and Yves immediately put their phones down next to Francheska's.

"Miss Lim?" Francheska said while crossing her arms. She pointed at the table.

"Okay, wait" Let me just — hey! What the— "

Francheska grabbed the phone from Khae.

"You can't do that!" Khae exclaimed.

"Well, I just did" Francheska said grinning.

Khae tried to get it but Francheska was quick to pass the phone to Lindtsey.

"Remember, no gam—" Lindtsey stopped when she looked at Khae's phone. She was expecting to see a game on there because they really thought Khae was playing all along.

"Look", Lindtsey passed the phone to Yves.

"Oh my, G!" Yves gasped.

"What is it?" Francheska is intrigued.

Khae does not know what to do. She does not know what to say.

"See you later, pretty. *smiling face with smiling eyes emoji* smiling face with heart-eyes emoji*" Francheska read aloud the unsent message of Khae to Aiah.

"Aiah— Who's Aiah? Oh my, Gwen's cousin?" Francheska asked.

"Yup. That's her. They're classmates in one subject." Yves answered Francheska.

The three looked at her with teasing eyes.
Khae blushed. She felt embarrassed.

"Give me back my phone." She said. She gave Francheska a warning look.

"Why didn't you send it though?" Francheska asked. She wanted to tease Khae more. She pretended to click the send button.

"Nooo!" Khae realized just now that she doesn't wanna send that message to Aiah. She was contemplating earlier whether to send it or not that's why she was glued to her phone.

"Give me—" Khae grabbed her phone back.

"Thank God",  Khae was relieved when she saw the message was not sent to Aiah yet. She erased the emojis and ' pretty' then pressed  send. Haay. That was close, Khae. What would she think of me if I called her pretty with those emojis. Tsss. She brushed her hair up with her hand and then crossed her legs.

"You owe us an explanation, Mikhaela", Yves, Francheska and Lindtsey said while looking at her. They crossed their arms.

Khae was startled when the three talked. For a second, she forgot again she was with them. Why, Ms. Arceta rented her mind all for herself that day. Khae felt bad for her friends. She looked at them. Guilt was written on her face.

"Sorry." Khae said.

"For what?"

"For being mentally absent these past few days."

"Hmm" the three said in chorus.

"Tell us, is there something going on with you and Aiah?" Lindtsey asked.

"Well, uhm.."

"Well....?" Yves and Francheska asked. They're excited to hear Khae's answer.

"No." Khae answered.

"What?!" The three were disappointed. They were really hoping Khae would say yes.

"But why? Then what's with that text?" Lindtsey asked. She was so ready to cut her hair just for the news that Khae was already into someone.

"I didn't send it. I mean, I sent it but not the one that you read."

"Huh?" The three are obviously baffled.

"Explain further, we're confused", Francheska demanded.

"There's nothing to explain. I said it already. That's it."  Khae said. She's trying so hard not to tell her friends. Tell them what, Khae?

"Haay, I was really hoping something was going on between you two",  Yves said.

"Me too. How I wish", said Lindtsey.

"Well, everyone wants Khae to be in a relationship, but I need Yves to do my assignments and projects, so wish me luck too."  Francheska said grinning.