Chapter 25

Ivy walked towards the three girls.

"And who's this pretty lady here?" She looked at Khae.

"Tita... This is Khae, my g—"

"Our friend! She's our friend, Mom." Gwen interrupted Aiah. Sorry cous, it's not yet the right time! Trust me.

Aiah looked at Gwen with disbelief.
Khae was quite disappointed. She was ready to introduce herself but Gwen ruined their plan.

"Hello, Khae. Nice to meet you! You look so pretty." Ivy looked at Khae with admiration.

"Good evening, Ma'am." Khae greeted Ivy.

"Oh, call me Tita Ivy."

"Nice to meet you, Tita."

"Ahm Tita, we just came from their house and—" Aiah wanted to tell Ivy that she went to Khae's to meet her dad.

"She attended a birthday party, Mom. Right..." Gwen interrupted again.

Aiah scowled at Gwen. What do you think you're doing?!

Khae, though she's silent, she's trying to think things over. Why is Gwen against the idea of telling her mom? You better have a valid reason, Gwen. Khae then looked at her girlfriend. She feels proud of her. Khae does not know yet why Aiah suddenly had the courage to do this, but she's happy. She may fail tonight, but at least she tried. Thank you, baby!

"Oh, I see. Thank you for bringing my niece home, Khae. By the way, I have something to do so please excuse me. Feel at home, Khae. Goodnight."

"Thanks, Tita. Goodnight." Khae smiled at Ivy.

Ivy left the three in the living room.

"Why?!" Aiah questioned Gwen as soon as Ivy left.

"It's not the right time, cous."

"And when is the right time? Gwen, I want to tell Tita now that Khae is my girlfriend." Aiah said with frustration. She feels like like crying.

"Please tell us why you are against it, Gwen. I didn't do what I thought I needed to do because I wanted to hear your explanation first." Khae told Gwen.

"OK. Listen. This is the first time I'm ever talking about this, and probably the last."

"We're listening." Khae said.

"I never met my Dad."

Aiah is aware of that but she did not know the reason why.

"My mom and him broke up even before I was born. Mom said they were not compatible. They were always fighting. They were not happy, especially my mom. Being in that relationship, Mom described it as toxic. But my mom tried to hold on, she tried to love him, but I guess you couldn't  really force yourself to love someone when your heart is already belonged to someone else. Yes. My mom was not in love with my dad. They were not in love with each other, actually. I was a product of an unplanned parenthood." Gwen sighed. Aiah held her hand.

"Before meeting my dad, my mom had a girlfriend."

Aiah's eyes widened. What?!
Khae was just listening. She already had idea why Gwen had to stop them earlier.

"She was in love with her. But Tito Dean, your dad, was against their relationship. He did what he had to do to protect my Mom. At that time, Lolo just passed away and Tito took the responsibility of being a father to Mom.

"My mom said she was angry at your dad, she would blame him for what happened. But later on, she realized he was just doing his part. Mom was young then and Tito never abandoned us. I guess time heals all wounds."

"But that's not exactly the main reason why I stopped you earlier."

"Why did you stop us?" Aiah asked.

"Your dad called telling my mom to keep an eye on you and not allow you to have a boyfriend."

Aiah suddenly felt weak.
Khae was speechless.