Chapter 21

"She needs time, Khae." Yves told Khae. The latter went to see Yves in the library. She told her what happened this morning.

"I've given her enough, Yves.."

"Seven weeks isn't enough; she needs more than that."

"I don't know. I want to, but I just can't."

"Why not?"

"I don't know... I'm confused."

"I think you're overthinking."

"When I asked what's her plan, she didn't give me an answer. I want assurance, Yves."

"She loves you. We all know that. Isn't that enough?"

"Why do I feel like I love her more than she loves me?"

"But why is that even a question? Why do you have to weigh how much she loves you back? Why the need to compare? It's not a competition, Khae."

"I just want to make sure she stays."

"You think pressuring her will help you with that? You're giving her a hard time."

"So, what am I going to do? Wait forever?"

"Why not, if she's worth it?"

Khae fell silent. Is Aiah worth it?

"Focus on what you have right now, Khae. You're happy. We all see that. And we're glad that you've found an Aiah who is the reason of your smiles. Well, I know we make you happy as well but the happiness Aiah gives you is on another level. It's something that none of us can give."

Khae was just listening to Yves. She was trying to absorb everything that she's telling her.

"Give it time, OK? It will happen. At the right time. And think about this, she is graduating soon. Perhaps by then she'll have the freedom to choose and decide for herself."

She's got a point. But that's not a guarantee, though. Khae thought.

Meanwhile...

"Don't be pressured, OK? Take your time." Lindtsey told Aiah.

"Do you think she'll give me enough time to sort things out?"

"She will." Lindtsey is confident that Khae will think things through.

"I don't want to disappoint her, Lindts."

"I know, Aiah. But don't force yourself to do something  when you know you're not yet ready."

Aiah sighed.

"Oh, Yves is calling..." Lindtsey answered the call.

"Yup?"

"Are you at the gazebo? Is Aiah there?"

"Nope. But I'm with her now. Why?"

Aiah looked at Lindtsey.

"I was with Khae."

"Did she tell you?"

"Yeah. I tried talking to her, Lindts."

"Wait— I'll put you on speaker"  Lindtsey looked around first to make sure no one is there except her and Aiah.

"Hello? Lindst? What?" Yves could barely hear Lindtsey.

"Helloooo??"