Chapter 43

Chico turned to his back when he heard that familiar voice he had been missing for quite a long time.
His face lit up when he saw Aiah.

"Maraiah!" He rushed forward and enfolded Aiah in his tight hug.

"Hey! I-I can't breathe!" Aiah protested as she was trying to break free from Chico's embrace.

"I've missed you!" said Chico, instead of releasing Aiah, he hugged her even more tightly and swept her off her feet and twirled her around.

"Goodness, Jose Francisco! Put me down!" Aiah exclaimed.

"Hahaha! Okaaay" Chico put her down. "How's my baby?" His eyes roamed around Aiah's face. Ahhh! How he missed her!

Khae could hardly breathe when she saw what the guy did.

Her throat feels tight and it seems like something is stuck in it. Her heart is racing as she looks at the two. Something in her makes her want to go down and grab Aiah away from that guy but she is literally too weak right now that she can't do anything. Seeing Aiah close to someone makes her vulnerable. It's her effin weakness.

"What brought you here? I didn't know you're back." asked Aiah.

"What brought me here? My longingness to see you..." Chico smiled and placed his palms on Aiah's cheeks.

Khae feels like she's going to lose it any moment. The sight of them is just too much for her. It angers her. It saddens her. It's killing her!

Chico planted a kiss on Aiah's forehead.

Khae closed her eyes but the moment she did that, her tears started falling. She clenched her fists. No words can describe what she's feeling right now. She's beyond hurt!

"Kuya Islao, let's go!" said Lindtsey. Gwen just got out of the van.

"Khae..."

"Please, Lindts..." Khae shook her head. She does not want to speak. She does not want to hear anything at the moment.

Lindtsey sighed. She looked at Khae worriedly. She could feel how much she is hurting.

Francheska, Yves, Nica and Janice feel the same.

Aiah's gaze followed the van that just passed them. She can't explain how she is feeling. She let out a deep sigh.

"Hey--" Chico waved his hand in front of her face.

"Cous..." Gwen walked towards them.

"Huh?" She looked at Gwen.

"Gwen? Is that you?!" Chico was surprised to see Gwen. They have met before.

"Yeah, hi."

"Chico. 'You remember me?" Chico flashed a smile. His dimples appeared and it made him more handsome.

"Of course. I thought you were in the States."

"Just got back yesterday." Chico glanced at Aiah.

Aiah is thinking about Khae. She is feeling confused. She's still hurting but at the same time, she also feels a pinch of pain thinking Khae and her were not able to sort things out.

"I was about to fly to Cebu today but Tito Dean called me. I didn't know you were staying here..." Chico said while looking at Aiah.

Aiah feels uncomfortable of the way Chico is looking at her.

Chico and her grew up together. Chico, being two years older, was always protective of her. He would always be there; whatever situation she was in. They were always mistaken for siblings, and most of the time, a couple.