Chapter 14

"Khae wait—" It was Lindtsey.

Khae and Aiah just stepped out of the door. They looked back at Lindtsey.

"I forgot to give you this." She's holding a denim jacket.

"Hey, why do you have this?" Khae took the jacket from Lindtsey.

Aiah is just listening to them.

"Did you steal this from my closet?" Khae said jokingly then put the jacket on.

"Remember when I accidentally spilled water on it?"

"I don't" 

"It was during the break or even before that, not sure." Lindtsey said.

"Hmm, idk Lindts. But thanks"

"It was when you cried, remember?"

"What?!"  Khae narrowed her eyes while looking at Lindtsey.

What Lindtsey said caught Aiah's attention. She looked at Khae.

Khae stroked her hair up to keep them from falling onto her face.

Aiah is feeling something strange while looking at Khae's side profile. Why do I feel like this happened before?

Aiah looked around. She realized the place was familiar. She's been here before. She looked at the building across the street. It's the bookstore! She remembers going there few months ago.

"Baby, let's go." Khae said and wrapped her arm around Aiah's shoulders.

"Bye, lovebirds! Drive safely, Mikhaela." Lindtsey said while waving at them.

"Thanks." said Khae.

"Bye, Lindstey." Aiah said, still can't believe what she just found out.

"Hey, 'everything okay?"

They're parked in front of Gwen's house. Khae drove her home.

"Yeah." said Aiah and smiled.  She unfastened her seatbelt.

"'You sure? You seem preoccupied ever since we left the café. Is something wrong?" Khae looked worried.

"Nothing, babe."

"Hmm"

"Thank you for today—"

"Tell me—"

"Tell you what?" Aiah asked.

"What's on your mind?"

"Hmm.."

"See? I can feel it. Something is going on in that pretty head of yours. I wonder what it is."  Khae said.

"Okay, I will tell you."

Aiah told Khae about that day. She went to the bookstore with her Tita Ivy. They went to buy  some stationery and stuff for painting and drawing. Although, she's more into digital arts now because of her course, her love for traditional arts never faded. While waiting for her aunt, Aiah decided to go to the book section. After reading the back cover of a book that she picked, her attention was drawn to the building across the street. Just right across her was a café with a unique, stylish design. She was looking at the details when someone caught her attention. She saw a girl wearing a denim jacket who entered the café. She sat down on one corner. She could only see her side profile from where she was but Aiah thought the girl was pretty. She was just looking at her the whole time. She waited for her to look to her direction but it never happened.
When she got home, Aiah painted. She tried painting the girl from the café but she was not able to finish it. She told herself that she would love to see the girl, face to face. Because only then she would be able to finish the painting.