Chapter 47

"Chico hijo!" Dean is delighted to see him.

"Good afternoon, am I late?"

Nobody knew he was coming today. He got bored at the hotel that's why he decided to come over.

Chico immediately noticed Khae. It's his first time seeing her. Who is she?

"What brought you here?" Aiah asked in her most unfriendly tone.

Dean gave his daughter a disapproval look.

"I mean, come join us Chico! We just started." Aiah faked a smile. At the back of her mind, she wants to kick him out of the house! What's he doing here?! He didn't inform her that he's coming. And what's with the flowers and whatever it is that's in the bag? Chico, I'ma effin wring your neck!

"Thanks, boo. I knew it, I'm right on time! Did you cook? Hmmm...I smell my fave."

Aiah pretended she did not hear anything.

"Oh, yes! She did. I'm glad she granted my request. And oh, you're right hijo, she cooked our favorite!" said Dean happily. He looked at Aiah. "Thanks, sweetheart."

Boo? Their favorite?
That's one jab after the other.
Lord, give me strength to survive this.
Khae gulped. She feels the need to drink.

"I brought you something" Chico put the bouquet and the paper bag on the bar counter.

"Thanks" Said Aiah.

"Uhm, Aiah boo, you might wanna introduce me to—

"Oh, yeah sorry! Ba— Ahm, Khae, this is Chico."
Aiah, relax! Be careful! Aiah reminded herself. Sheesh, she almost called her "babe".

Khae gasped when Aiah almost made a mistake.

"H-hi" Said Khae when Aiah introduced Chico.

"Hello, Khae." He gave her his widest smile. Chico finds her very pretty. If only he could just give the flowers to her instead, he would. He knows Aiah wouldn't mind, but her folks are here so it's not a good idea. It is really not a good idea, Chico. You bought those for Aiah. Manners, dude, manners!

Aiah could not help but frown when she saw how Chico looks at Khae. It's evident that he admires her. Aiah could see it in his eyes. Dang!

"Take a seat, hijo." Lou told Chico.

"Thanks, Tita."

Chico was about to pull the chair beside Khae's when Aiah stopped him.

"Oops! Chico, I think you should sit beside Mom." Aiah sounded more like commanding rather than suggesting.

"But—" Chico wanted to protest.

"It's not balanced. Look!" Aiah said. She's determined. He's not sitting beside Khae! Periodt.

"Okay" Chico went to Lou's side and took a seat.

Aiah smirked.

Lou is just observing. She thinks Chico is smitten with Khae. Why, she can't blame him. Khae looks so pretty.

Aha! This seat is better, though. Chico smiled at the thought. He is sitting opposite Khae; he gets to see her every move and of course, he can see her face up close. What a view! What a beaut!

Aiah silently cussed when she realized it was not also a good idea to let Chico sit opposite Khae. Sheesh! She wants to wail while looking at Chico's facial expression. She knows what's running on his mind right now! Oh, nooo!

Khae is trying her best to stay composed. She's got the idea that Mr. Arceta is very fond of Chico. It's too obvious that he likes him for Aiah. Knowing that now and witnessing it give her a sick feeling. But she's trying to endure it, for Aiah... and for their relationship. She glanced at her girlfriend. She tried to smile when Aiah looked at her, too.

Aiah could feel that Khae is not okay. She secretly reached for her hand... she clasped it with her own.

Khae finds it comforting. Aiah holding her hand right now somehow gives her the strength she needs.

"Uhm, boo. Could you pass the sauce, please? Thanks." Asked Chico.

Aiah restrained herself from rolling her eyes.

Not again, Chico! Haaays! She sighed.

Aiah unconsciously said that out loud.

"Maraiah..." Dean gave her a warning look.

"It's okay, Tito. She just missed me. Or maybe it's that time of the month." Said Chico. He looked at Aiah then quickly shifted his gaze to Khae.

Khae looked at Chico when she heard him talking about Aiah. She was stunned when he winked at her. It made Khae cringe.

Aiah saw that. And she's not happy!
She thought of apologizing to Chico but she dismissed the idea when she saw him winked at Khae.
What the heck, Chico! Are you trying to flirt with my girlfriend?! She shot him a sharp look. I swear I'm gonna scoop your eyeballs out if you do that again, Jose Francisco! Aiah tightened her grip on her spoon and fork.

Lou could sense that Aiah is jealous of Chico.
Aiah looks pissed and ready to hurt anyone at the moment. She never thought or never did she imagine she'd see her daughter acting like this. She must really be in love with Khae.

Dean noticed how Aiah is acting weird. Her behavior puzzles him.

"Maraiah, are you okay? You look—" Dean could not find the right term to describe Aiah's aura. It's his first time seeing her like this.

"She looks jealous" said Chico.

The girls, including Lou, looked at Chico.

"Huh? Jealous of whom?" Dean looks confused.

Aiah feels her heart is racing. What's he gonna say? Does he know? Did Mom tell him?

Lou wonders if Chico is aware of what's going on between Aiah and Khae.

Khae, on the other hand, is just relaxed right now. She's learning how to take control of her emotions. And she's doing well... Thanks to the rollercoaster of emotions today, it taught her to adapt quickly. Somehow.

"She's jealous of me."

Aiah was stunned by what Chico said.

"Why is that?" Asked Dean.

"What do you mean, hijo?" Lou suddenly felt anxious.

"Because I'm your favorite child!" Chico answered, grinning.

"Ohh! Hahaha! Well, I don't want Maraiah to cry, so I will just say, that's not true." Dean chuckled.

"See? I'm his favorite!" Chico is trying to annoy Aiah. She's been rude to him since he arrived.

"Kidding aside, I love you both, equally. You both are my favorites." Dean said those words passionately.

Breathe, Khae, breathe... Hang in, there!
Khae is reminding herself to not give up.
Witnessing all these is just too painful for her. But she gotta hold on...
Just think that you were born to win this, Khae...