Chapter 49

"What?!" Lindtsey could not believe what she heard from Aiah.

"What am I going to do Lindts?"

"Wait...Khae is volunteering to be somebody's girlfriend?! How and since when the world became a square?!" Lindtsey said with exaggeration.

"Can you just tell her you'll do it instead?"

"Huh? Why me?! You ask Yves."

"Please, help me change her mind." Aiah pleaded.

"Is she there right now? Let me talk to her." Said Lindtsey.

"No, she already left. We almost had an argument again. 'Told her I don't like the idea but she seemed to be serious about it. I don't know what's gotten into her."

"Did you tell your friend yet?"

"No. I'm not telling him. I could only imagine how delighted he'd be and I'm so friggin' jealous just thinking about it! He can't have Khae even if it's just for a show, Lindts! Haay, please, talk to her." Aiah has never been this stressed out.

Khae just reached home.

She noticed the car parked outside. They must be here already. She thought. Khae looked at her watch. I'm right on time. She thought she wouldn't make it because Aiah and her had a long talk before going home. She didn't agree when she told her she'd play the part of Chico's girlfriend.

"Oh, here she is!" Hi, sweetheart! How was your day?" Marcus greeted Khae with a kiss.

"Fine, Dad."

"Hi..." Marla said when she met Khae's gaze.

"Khae, this is Marla."

"Hi, Khae! Finally, we meet! You're so pretty, oh my gosh!" Marla couldn't hide her excitement. She hugged and kissed Khae.

"Hi Tita! I'm glad to meet you."

"I'm very happy you two have finally met." said Marcus.

"Are you alone, Tita?" Asked Khae.

"Oh, her niece will be meeting us later. We'll be having dinner at Juana's."

Aiah asked the girls who among them would like to play Chico's girlfriend. Francheska and Nica are already out of the picture, as expected. Lindtsey and Gwen aren't an option either. She just finished talking to Christine and she declined as well. Now, it's all up to Yves.

"Yves, please."

"I'm sorry, Aiah. But I can't do it."

"Then tell me, is there someone you know who's willing to do?"

"No. I'm sorry..."

"I don't want Khae to do it..." Aiah sighed.

"Just let her. Maybe it won't take long. Or just think of other way..."

"I can't think of any. That's the best plan."

"What? You're supposed to be home this week. Your mom and I are expecting you, Chico."

"Just give me two weeks, Dad."

"But why do you have to stay longer there?"

"I want to spend more time with Maraiah..."

"Oh, okay okay. No problem. Why didn't you tell me? You can extend even for a month, hijo! Your mom and I can wait."

Chico smirked. Maraiah really is always the magic word.

"Thanks, Dad!"

"When I told you I didn't want you to have a boyfriend yet, I meant it." Dean told Aiah.

"I know, Dad. Don't worry, I don't want a boyfriend."

"But if ever there's someone who would dare to ask permission to court you, I'd change my mind. I'd allow him especially if he is someone I know and trust." Dean continued talking.

Aiah knew her dad was speaking about Chico, though it was indirectly.

"Okay, but like I've said, I don't want a boyfriend."

"I'm glad you are prioritizing your studies. But Maraiah, know that after graduation, I will be allowing you to have suitors already. Don't think that I'm being too strict now, okay? Daddy just loves you so much."

Or you just want Chico and I to end up together! Hays! Aiah thought.

Later that night...

Aiah and Khae are on a video call.

"What's wrong? You don't seem to be happy." Khae noticed Aiah's lack of energy.

"I'm thinking about what we've talked about earlier before you left."

"Oh, that. I'm sorry baby if I was being hard headed earlier. You were right. It's not a good idea if I volunteer being Chico's girlfriend. I should be the last person on Earth to that."

"Oh, thank God! I thought you were determined to do it."

"Nah. The more your Dad won't accept me if I do that." Khae tried to laugh off the idea.

"Hmm. He will, eventually. Let's think positive."

"Yes. Let's just hope and pray everything will be alright." Said Khae.

"Uhm baby, Dad's calling me now. We're going. I'll see you tomorrow, 'kay? I love you."

"I love you more, babe. You take care."

At the restaurant...

"Hi!"

"Mandy!" Marla smiled when she saw her niece.

Amanda is her sister's daughter. She is from the States. She came home with her few days ago.

"Hi Tita! Tito Marc-" Amanda stopped when she recognized a familiar face.

"M-Mikhaela?" Her eyes widened when she realized it was Khae.

"Amanda?!" Khae was shocked. She didn't expect to see Amanda.

"You know each other?" Asked Marla.

"Mandy, this is my daughter, Mikhaela."

Khae and Amanda didn't seem to know how to react. Both are still in shock.

"W-we've met before." Said Khae after a while. She couldn't say they were friends before, best of friends actually. No, even more than that. Khae couldn't help but to remember the past.

"We used to be best of friends." Amanda said. She still could not believe seeing Khae tonight. The reason why she came back after so many years of living abroad.

"Oh. I didn't know that. What a small world!" Marla exclaimed.