Chapter 35

"Dad, can I go to Pampanga tomorrow with the girls?"

"Pampanga? Why?" Marcus asked.

"We decided to have a staycation this semestral break. It's just for two days."

"Oh, you decided. So, why are you still asking me?" said Marcus in a formal tone. But Khae knows he's not angry.

"Just so you know." Khae laughed.

"You can go wherever you want, just come back home safely, OK? But wait, who's gonna be driving? And there's so many of you, you can't use your car."

"Uhm, actually, I'm not taking my car. Tita Ana is allowing us to use their van. And Kuya Islao will be driving."

"And who is Islao?"

"Lindtsey's driver."

"OK. Looks like everything is already planned."

"Uhm, Dad... I'm taking Ate Janice with me."

"You're what?" Marcus looked at Khae with disbelief.
"Who's gonna cook for me?"

"Daddy, she deserves a break. Please? Just ask Marla to come over or go to her place." Khae grinned.

"Marla's not yet back. She's still in the US. I hope she comes home before your birthday. She's excited to meet you. By the way, what are your plans? Do you want a party or—

"Actually, I don't have plans for my birthday. This staycation is more than enough for me. But I am in for an Asian tour on Christmas break, what d'you say?" Khae winked at Marcus.

Khae and the girls have been planning to go abroad but it's always getting cancelled. She really hopes it'll happen soon, especially now that she has Aiah. She wants to travel with her.

"Hmm. Okay, okay. Asian tour, you got it. But my heart breaks that you never included me in your plans."

"Oh, actually, I already have plans for your birthday, Dad." Khae said smiling from ear to ear.

"Why, thank you, my dear. But I just celebrated my birthday 2 months ago."

"Hahaha! But, seriously tho, I have plans for us and Marla."

"And Aiah?" Marcus teased.

"Of course."

On their way to Pampanga...

It'll be an hour and a half drive. Lindtsey recommended the place where they will be staying. It's a resort hotel called Hotel del Sol. They made a reservation for their biggest villa. It has four rooms. Each room has two beds. It has a private pool, which is what everyone is excited for.

"Guys, have you decided who are gonna be roommates?" Yves asked.

"So, it's gonna be three pairs and one room will have 3. Ate Janice will choose which room she'd like to join in. Ok? Kuya Islao won't stay with us because he wants to go home to his family which is not far from the hotel. Right, Kuya Islao?" said Lindtsey.

"Yes. Just call me if you need anything or if you want me to tour you around." said Islao.

"Can we just use a randomizer? Ah wait, let's ask Mikhaiah if they want to be together." Christine said.

Khae and Aiah did not seem to hear what the girls are saying. Both are busy looking at their pictures on Aiah's phone while listening to music.

"Khae..." Nica tapped Khae on the shoulder.