Chapter 4

Yves, Lindtsey, Khae and Francheska met at their usual spot.

Khae told the girls about what happened earlier that day. Why she had to skip class and what happened between her and RJ.

"I don't think he'll bother you again." The girls said to her.

"He'd better be not." Khae crossed her arms and pouted.

"If he still persists, I think the guy really loves you." Can't you give him a chance?" said Yves grinning. Obviously, she's just joking.

"Eww. Never! He is not my type." Khae said and took a sip of her coffee.

"Then who's your type?" Lindtsey teased her. She's checking herself in the mirror.

"Uhm, no one." Khae strokes her hair up. She took another sip of her coffee and looked around. "Maybe she is around here..." She was looking at every student that passes by. She just couldn't tell her friends, yet—but she already had someone in mind. "She is my type." She smiled when she thought of the girl.

"You're literally everyone's type. Boys and girls are crushing on you. Don't you like any of them?" Francheska asked Khae.

"N-O, no." Khae said in disinterested voice. The girls just shrugged their shoulders.

"What about Amanda?" Do you guys still communicate?" Yves asked out of curiosity, while typing on her laptop. She lowered her glasses and looked at Khae.

"There's a bunch of unread messages in my inbox coming from her. I don't have plans on reading them. What for?" Amanda was Khae's ex-girlfriend. They met in high school. They became friends and decided to take that friendship to another level. They were so young back then but brave enough to admit their true feelings for each other. They did not care about what other people would think about their relationship. They assured each other that no one and nothing could break them. "Or so I thought..." Khae's expression changed when memories flashed back.

5 years ago...

"I am sorry, Khae." Amanda said lowering her head. She could not meet Khae's eyes.

"But why? What did I do wrong, Amanda?" Khae was confused. She was hurt. She could not believe what she just heard. Amanda just broke up with her!

"I am sorry, I truly am." But—I, I c-can't do this anymore..." Amanda slowly raised her head to look at Khae. She saw confusion and pain in her eyes.

"I thought we were happy." We were doing fine, angel." What happened?" Tears started to fall from her eyes. She just lost her mom not so long ago, and now Amanda, her angel, the only friend she had, the girl she had confessed her feelings to, wanted to leave her.

"Forget about me, Khae." Don't try to come talk to me." I'm sorry. Bye." Amanda said in a serious tone. She looked like she meant what she said. After saying those words, she turned and walked away from Khae. That was the last time they talked.

The following days, Khae tried to talk to Amanda but she kept avoiding her. She was not responding to her texts and calls. Then she just woke up one day with the news that Amanda left the school. She transferred somewhere far. Khae felt so alone. She felt unloved and unwanted...

"Hey, Earth to Khae!" Yves, Lindtsey, and Francheska exclaimed. They noticed how Khae fell into silence. They also witnessed how her smile faded and changed into sadness... then anger. The three looked at each other. They already had an idea what it was about. Khae's past experiences of loss had somehow made her who she is right now. The girl who does not believe in love. She lost her grandfather whom she was closest to. Her grandfather died when Khae was still young. She loved him so dearly. Then, her mom, who died of cancer. Losing her mom was almost unbearable for Khae. She treated her like a princess. She was closer to her mom than her dad. She was in grief when she met Amanda. According to Khae, Amanda was an angel. She saved Khae from her miserable, unhappy life. She found a friend in her. She was slowly healing from the wounds of losing the people she loved. She was finally smiling again after months of crying endlessly. All because of Amanda. And it was with Amanda that she realized it was possible for her to like a girl. Khae was the happiest when she found out that Amanda felt the same way for her. But things didn't work out well between them. From being friends, to being more than that, and to nothing.

"Khae..." said Francheska, Lindtsey and Yves. Francheska, who was sitting beside her, held her hand. They were trying to get her attention. Khae seemed to be lost in thought.

"Huh?" She looked at her friends with confusion. For a while, she felt like she's gone to another dimension.

"Are you okay?" Sorry for bringing up that topic." Yves said apologetically.

Khae looked at her friends and smiled. "Yes, I am ok." And don't be sorry. I have moved on." Thanks to you, guys." She feels happy and blessed to have met the three. They have always been there for her. Meeting them after losing almost everyone she loved and cared about was the greatest blessing she had. Their friendship is what kept her going all this time. Khae did not realize she was actually voicing out what's on her mind at that moment.

"Ohhh...Khae" said the girls simultaneously. They were so touched at what they heard. Everybody moved closer to her. They did a group hug. "We love you..."

"I c-can't breathe, hey, let go." Khae said overreacting. She's trying to get herself off. Her friends are hugging her so tightly. And they're trying to kiss her on the cheeks. She's trying so hard to avoid those lips from touching her face. The three just laughed. This is a once in a blue moon chance of hugging tight and kissing Mikhaela Lim! Just so you know, she doesn't like kisses.

"No, Francheskaaa!" Khae gasped. Francheska's lips almost touching her nose now. Francheska just grinned and pouted. Khae couldn't move freely because she was being held by Yves and Lindtsey. As usual, these three need not say anything to understand each other. Their brains just work in sync with one another. Obviously, what they have in mind right now is to tease and make fun of her. Oh no! I don't like kisses! She closed her eyes when Francheska's lips were just an inch away.