Chapter 27

Aiah just finished drinking water. She came down after crying. She was about to go back to her room when Ivy called her name.

"Aiah"

"Tita?! You're early. I didn't know you're here."

"I just got home. Hey— did you cry?" Ivy noticed Aiah's eyes.

"Uhm..."

"What happened?" Ivy was worried. She walked towards her.

"N-nothing, Tita."

"Hmm. Tell me..."

"It's nothing, Tita. I-I've watched Reply 1988 and"

"Oh, c'mon!K-Dramas don't make you cry." Ivy does not seem convinced.

K-Dramas don't make me cry. But, Khae-Drama does. Aiah bit her lip.

"LQ?"

"Tita?"

"You and Khae... did you have a fight?" Ivy asked.

Why do I feel like— wait, does she know?!

"Tita, y-you know about us?"

"Yes."

Aiah suddenly felt nervous. How did she know? Who told her?

"I'm sorry I had to eavesdrop that night..." Ivy recalled that night when Aiah came home with Khae.

Ivy  heard Aiah's voice so she went out to greet her. She didn't expect any visitor that's why she was surprised to see Aiah with someone. But what surprised her more was seeing Aiah holding hands with the girl she's with. She could see the chemistry between them. That moment, she could already tell that there's something. Ivy pretended to be oblivious. She didn't know what to feel that time. She wanted to ask them but she chose not to. Earlier that day, Dean, her older brother, called her. He would always check on Aiah regularly but, on that day, he spoke about not letting Aiah get into a relationship. He told her to be strict with her. Ivy was about to go up to her room when she heard her daughter speak. Ivy stopped and listened. She heard Gwen telling her story to Aiah and Khae. It brought back so many memories that she cried her eyes out that night. Hence, the need to wear sunglasses the next day even if it was rainy.

Meanwhile...

"Haaay" Khae has been trying to call Aiah. The latter kept rejecting her calls when she was on her way here. She's currently parked right across Gwen's house.

"C'mon baby, answer me..." This is literally her twelfth  attempt.

Earlier, she was about to cross the street when she saw Ivy arrived. She was forced to go back inside her car.

Khae cussed when Aiah neither rejected nor accepted the call.

Khae stared at her phone.
Why am I being punished? Khae was talking to Aiah on her lockscreen photo. I didn't do anything wrong... She sighed.