Chapter 13

Aiah received a text from Khae as soon as her class was finished that morning.

She's already smiling even before opening it.

"Hi baby, first class done?" Khae asked.

"Yes, babe. My vacant now. Next is at 3PM." Aiah immediately replied.

"OK." Khae texted back.

Aiah waited for another text. A minute has passed but she still didn't get any.

Just "OK"? That's it? Aiah pouted her lips. She put down her phone. She looked around and noticed some of her classmates already went out of the room. She rested her elbow on the table and laid her right cheek against her hand. Again, she gazed at her phone.

Really, Mikhaela Lim? Just 'OK' and that's it?! Aiah let out an exasperated sigh. She has no issue about one-word texts but to get one coming from Khae is different. It's so annoying! Again, she pouted her lips.

When Aiah realized she won't receive any more text or call from Khae, she decided to leave the room. She thought of going to Education building.

Aiah is on her way to see Gwen when she met Khae at the stairs.

"Hey there-" Khae was looking at her.

"Hi! What are you doing here?" Aiah's mood brighten up when she saw Khae. She hastened her descent.

"Hey, careful." Khae said when she saw Aiah rushing towards her.

"Why are you here?" Aiah asked again when she reached Khae.

"I came to see you. Been here since 8:30." Khae said looking at Aiah.

Khae saw some strands of hair on Aiah's face. She reached for them and tucked them in behind her ear. Aiah gasped. She almost couldn't breathe when Khae did that. Sweet! Ahhhh! Why are you doing this to me, Mikhaela Lim? Such gesture makes her knees feel as if they're turning to jelly.

"Your class is at 3 o'clock, right?" Aiah is trying to act normal in front of Khae.

"Yup, but I wanted to see you badly..." Khae said while enjoying the beauty that's right in front of her eyes. Haaay. You're so damn lucky, Mikhaela!

"But didn't we agree yesterday to meet after class?"

"We did. But I wanted to see you. Why, are you complaining now, Miss Ma'am?" Khae made a sad face. But Aiah knows she's just faking it.

"I ain't complaining. I just don't like the idea of you having to wake up early just to wait hours for someone." Aiah said.

"And that someone is you, my girlfriend. I'm doing what makes me happy. So, hush now and let's go eat" Khae reached for Aiah's hand.

"Babe, wait." Aiah said. "I was gonna see Gwen..."

"Oh." Then let's go see her now!" Khae said.

"Uhm... she doesn't know about us yet. I wasn't able to tell her last night." Aiah said and bit her lip. 

"Ohh... So, what do we do? Would you like us to tell her now? Or not yet?" Khae would like to respect Aiah's decision, whatever it is.

Aiah knows Gwen will approve of their relationship but she is not sure about her Tita Ivy. That's what she's anxious about.

She told Khae about it.

"Would you like us to keep it a secret?" Khae asked. She does not like the idea but she can't do anything about it.

"For the meantime... 'Might tell her one of these days. It won't take long, promise. Just not today. Is it okay?"

"To be honest, it's not. But I don't want you to be in trouble because of me." Khae said sincerely.

"Thank you, baby." Aiah is thankful that Khae understands her.

"But is it okay if we tell my friends? Because there's no way I can hide it from them."

"Hmm—" Aiah does not know what to say. She only met them once and she does not know what to expect.

"It's okay. They'll love you. That's for sure." Khae reassured Aiah. She could feel that Aiah is anxious.

"Okay—" Aiah said.

Khae told her friends to meet up at Mezzo after class.

At Mezzo...

Girls, look, at my 12 o'clock! Yves exclaimed.

Lindtsey and Francheska looked towards that direction.
The three gasped when they saw Khae coming in with Aiah behind her. Khae reached for Aiah's hand. They held hands and were smiling at each other as they walked towards their direction.

"Oh my gosh!" Lindtsey almost could not believe what she saw. "Girls, am I dreaming?" Is that our Mikhaela right there?!" She shifted her gaze towards Francheska and Yves.

"What the—" Yves covered her mouth with her hand.

"MikhAiah is real. I knew it!" Francheska was exhilarated.

Khae could see her friends waiting for them.
She reached for Aiah's hand.

"Baby..." Khae reached for her girlfriend's hand.

"I'm kinda nervous." Aiah let Khae hold her.

"Don't be." Khae gave Aiah a reassuring smile.

They walked towards the girls.

"Hi, sorry. We're late." Khae said when they reached her friends' table.

"Hi" Aiah greeted the three.

"Ehem—" said Lindtsey and looked at their hands still clasped together.

Aiah blushed. She wanted to take her hand but Khae held it firmly. She did not want to let it go.

The three girls saw what Khae did. Yves, Francheska and Lindtsey looked at one another.

"Are you two dating?!" They asked abruptly. Excitement is written all over their face.

"Yes, we are." Khae smiled from ear to ear and looked lovingly at Aiah.

The girls were literally jumping with joy. It's like a dream come true for them.

Aiah felt the warm welcome of Khae's friends. She discovered that they are all nice and friendly.