Chapter 3

Khae just entered the school grounds. She's driving her car, heading to the parking lot.

She looked at the time. She's an hour early for her first class that morning.

"Okay, let me wait here", she said talking to herself as she parked her car.

She took out her phone from her bag. She wanted to call the girls and check if any of them was already at school. She called them in group, but nobody answered. She sighed. She missed them. She recalled the last time she was with them. They had a serious talk. After that conversation with the girls two weeks ago, Khae realized her friends were right. She's been avoiding people, when somebody tries to get to know her, she just rejects them right away. It's not only because she doesn't want them, but -- she's scared.

"Maybe, I should give it a try."

Khae stayed in the car for thirty minutes just playing with her phone and checking on her socials. She got bored and decided to go to her college building. She thought of waiting in the classroom instead. While walking in the hallway, somebody caught her attention. A girl is standing near the faculty room. "She's pretty." It's her first time seeing her in this building. "'Must be a transferee", she thought. Khae is walking towards that direction.

"Mikhaela! Khae! Hey, wait up!"

Khae was startled when somebody from behind called her name. It was a bit loud that it drew attention to other students who were there. Khae sighed. She already had an idea who was calling her. She rolled her eyes. She continued walking, and pretended she did not hear anything. "Lord, when I said I'd give it a try, I never meant it was with this guy." Khae sighed.

Aiah and Gwen were talking and got interrupted when they heard somebody shouting. It was a bit loud that it caught their attention. They saw a girl walking towards their direction and behind her was a guy trying to catch up.

"Oh, that's Mikhaela Lim." Gwen told Aiah.

"Hi, Khae" said Gwen when Khae was right across them.

Aiah gazed at the girl whom Gwen called Khae. For a second, their eyes met. And it was the weirdest one second of her life. She felt something strange.

"Hi, 'morning". Khae greeted back. She knows Gwen but they are not really close friends. They both have their own circle of friends. Gwen is taking up Education and currently on her third year. She's famous in their school because she's always competing in beauty pageants. Khae glanced at the girl she's with. She really is pretty, she thought. She's got mesmerizing pair of eyes, too. "You're being weird now, Khae. What do you know about mesmerizing eyes? Huh?" Oh, shit. Right. Why would I even think of that? Stop it, Mikhaela." Khae reprimanded herself for thinking such. She dismissed the thought.

She finally reached her classroom but to her dismay, RJ followed her.

"Hey, Khae... how are you? I've missed you." he asked smiling from ear to ear. RJ has been pestering her for quite some time now. He is persistent in pursuing her even though she already rejected him a million times.

"I'm fine, RJ." she said blankly. She sat on her chair and took out her phone. "Don't you have class to attend to?" asked Khae coldly. She pretended to be busy looking at something. Having to talk to RJ is one of the things she hates the most. He is so annoying!

"Actually, I have. A major. But I came to see you first. After all, you're my favorite subject." RJ winked at her. Khae cringed when she heard that.

"RJ, please go. My class is about to start." Khae is trying to be nice but it's evident she's already pissed off.

"How about coffee later? Lunch, maybe?" RJ asks. He seems unbothered of the way she responds.

This is what Khae hates most about him. He's thick-skinned.

"RJ, could you please—" Khae stopped when she heard someone came in.

"Ehem", Aiah cleared her throat.

"Sorry to interrupt, but is this BA Comm-3?" she asked.

She's trying her best to not look directly at Khae. One minute ago, she was about to enter the classroom when she saw Khae and the guy from the hallway. She heard them talking and she could sense Khae did not want to be bothered by him. That's what made her decide to step in. "Now, you're playing "Maritess" huh, Aiah? Nosy much?" Aiah cringed at her own thoughts.

"Yes!" RJ answered and didn't even bother to look at Aiah. His attention is with Khae. "Can we eat lunch together?" RJ's looking at Khae's pretty face. He has a huge crush on her. He's been courting her since last year. For him, Mikhaela "Khae" Lim is the prettiest in the world. In the universe, rather.

While, Khae, on the other hand, was looking at Aiah. "Oh, that girl." "What is she doing here? Khae is waiting for Aiah to look at her. "I wanna see those eyes again..." Khae is hoping Aiah would give her a glance. "Look here, please..."

RJ noticed Khae isn't paying attention to what he's saying. Her eyes are glued to someone. RJ glanced back and there he saw a girl standing at the door. He looked at Aiah then shifted to Khae.

"Hey, Khae..." RJ waves his hand in front of Khae's face. She is still looking intently at Aiah. RJ leaned towards her. "Mikhaela...", said RJ while snapping his fingers.

Khae's eyes widened when she turned to RJ. His face was so close to hers. She pushed him hard which almost caught RJ off balance.

"Back off!" Khae hissed. "Leave me alone!" I told you countless of times, I don't wanna go out with you! I-don't-like-you, RJ!" Mikhaela is so pissed off. She hates this person so much! She does not want to be rude but RJ is so persistent. He just cannot accept no for an answer.

"Hey, chill. Sorry, babe." RJ is keeping his cool. He looks around; some students are coming in. He feels a bit embarrassed by what Mikhaela said. But he's not giving up. Not now. Not ever. Mikhaela has to be mine!

Khae decided to just leave. RJ already ruined her day. Today is the first day of school but now she has to skip her first class. All because of this pest! She glared at him.

"Khae—" RJ moved closer to her. He tried to hold Khae's hand but she was quick to avoid him.

"Get lost, RJ!" Don't ever come near me again!" said Khae angrily. Khae took her bag and headed to the door. She was mad.

RJ turned red. He just stood there; he couldn't move. He couldn't say a word. This is definitely the most embarrassing moment of his life! Fudge! He just wished the ground would swallow him up.

Aiah wanted to move to the side to give way to Khae but she froze for a moment. She could see Khae frowning. She moved to her left but to her surprise, Khae moved to that direction, too. "What was I thinking?! I should've gone right. Tss."

"Ouch!", Aiah muttered and touched her shoulder.

This girl whom she saw with Gwen earlier was standing on the way. Khae took the left side of the door since it was more spacious, but to her surprise, the girl moved to that side as well. Khae accidentally bumped her shoulder into hers when she was about to walk out the door.

"Sorry." Khae said with a blank expression. She looked at Aiah then left.