Chapter 11

"Okay, see you." Aiah replied to Khae's message. They agreed to meet later. Khae volunteered to accompany her to buy some stuff.

Thinking of her or just simply saying or hearing her name makes her smile.

"Thirty minutes more to go..."  Aiah looked at her watch. Her last class will end soon. She's almost done with her work. She continued on with her drawing for some final touches.

Aiah loves arts. She's been inclined towards drawing and painting ever since she was small. Her hobbies are drawing, painting and photography. She can do modelling and she can act, too.

Later that afternoon...

"Hi"

Aiah was surprised seeing Khae. The latter was waiting outside her classroom. Aiah just finished her last class and she was about to go meet her. But to her surprise, Khae came to their building instead.

"Hey, 'was gonna call you. Why'd you come up here? You should have just waited for me at the parking lot." Aiah asked.

"It'll take you 5 minutes of walking before reaching there. Couldn't wait that long so I came here." Khae said.

"Huh?" Aiah was trying to grasp what Khae said. Did she just lowkey say she could not wait to see me? Hmm, I wish! Huh, don't be 'delulu', Aiah.

"I mean, I-I thought you'd need my help to carry that—" Khae grabbed the iPad from Aiah.

"What?" Aiah laughed. Khae seemed a little awkward. It was obvious, she was just making excuses.

"This is a bit heavy, tho. You really need my help with this." Said Khae while carrying Aiah's iPad. Stop, Mikhaela, you're embarassing yourself way too much."

"Well, thank you, Miss Lim. My iPad is really heavy. But I'm quite disappointed..." said Aiah. She made a face. Aiah thought of teasing her.

"Why?" Khae asked.

"'Thought you came here 'cos you couldn't wait to see me." Aiah said jokingly.

Khae fell silent for a while.

"Ok, fine, I admit it. I could not wait to see you." Khae then said in a serious tone.

Aiah did not know how to respond. Shit, that was supposed to be a joke. Why is she being serious now? Was it really a joke, Aiah? Hmm.

"Ha-ha! Funny. Let's go, it's getting late." Aiah said and started to walk.

Inside the car...

"When I told you I couldn't wait to see you, it's true. I meant it." Khae said and looked at Aiah.

Aiah was putting on her seatbelt when she heard Khae speak. She froze. She looked at her and their eyes met. She could see the sincerity in Khae's eyes. Fudge, Mikhaela Lim is not joking!
What now, Aiah? Didn't you wish for that, earlier? Admit it.

"Uhm—" Aiah doesn't know what to say. It's impossible to hear those words from Khae and not be overwhelmed by it.

"I want to see you always, to be with you always..."

Aiah feels like she is going to faint at any moment. Aaahhhh! Is this real? Or is this some kind of a joke? Aiah wants to say she's glad but that'd be awkward.

"Khae,—"

"I think you are beautiful, Aiah..."

"Talented, nice girl..."

"Khae, I—" Aiah still couldn't say anything. Don't be stupid, Aiah! Say something!

"Maraiah Arceta, I like you..."

OMG! Aiah is still quiet but her mind is screaming right now.

"I did not say I like you to hear it back. I just wanted you to know how I really feel." Khae continued talking.

I know this is too sudden but—"

"I like you, too." Aiah said in a low voice; almost whispering. She finally found the courage to say it.

"W-what?" Can you say that again, please?" Khae's face lit up. She couldn't believe what she just heard.

"I like you too, Mikhaela Lim!" Aiah repeated, now in a louder voice. There, I said it! It feels good to finally let it out!

Khae could not contain her happiness. 

"Am I dreaming? Pinch me." She looked at Aiah.

"Hmm, you're not dreaming." Aiah touched Khae's face. Why, this feels really nice!

Khae held Aiah's hand that's touching her face and clasped it with her own.

"So, are we officially dating now?" Khae asked.

"Yes." Aiah said with no hesitation.

Inside the bookstore...

Aiah is reading the back cover of the book she's holding. Khae is watching her...

Haaay. How can just looking at you be this satisfying? Khae is staring at Aiah. She can feel her own heart beating so fast. Aiah has been giving her so many emotions that are new to her. She is looking at Aiah with so much admiration. She can't help it!

Aiah felt like she's being watched. She raised her head to look around and found Khae staring.

"I'm sorry. Am I taking too long?" Aiah asked in a worried tone.

Khae was startled when she heard Aiah speak.

"N-no, no. Take your time." She smiled at her.

"'You sure?" Aiah asked.

"Yes, baby. Don't mind me." 

Aiah turned her attention back to the book.
Khae then looked at Aiah again, intently. And again, everything else was blurry except her. I could stare at you forever, Maraiah Arceta.

"Hey..." Aiah said. She's been talking for literally a minute now but Khae does not seem to be listening.

"Khae!" Aiah pinched Khae's cheek.

"Ouch!" Khae touched her slightly hurt cheek.

"Ohh, sorry.. Does it hurt? You weren't listening to me. Where was your mind at, hmm?

"Over the moon." Khae said bluntly. She really  is the happiest right now!

Aiah smiled at what she heard.