Chapter 10

"Gwenny, 'might go home late today..." Aiah sent a message to her cousin.

"Why? Do you have unfinished work?" Gwen asked.

"Khae and I will go to the bookstore..."

"Oh, yeah. I forgot you need to buy something. Sorry, I can't go with you today." Gwen said.

"It's okay. I know you're busy. Khae volunteered to go with me."

"Hmm"

"What?" Aiah could imagine Gwen's face. She's been enjoying teasing her the past few days.

"'Just wondering if she volunteered as a friend *chuckles*"

"Of course, what else could it be?"

"Okay. Hmm", Gwen does not seem convinced.

"See you later. Please tell Tita I'll be home before dinner."

"Ok, 'take care. Tell Khae I said hi." Gwen texted.

"saying as a friend" , she again texted.

Aiah chuckles. Gwen's teasing her. Aiah knows she'll bombard her again with intriguing questions once she gets home.

"Will tell her, haha. Take care, Gwenny. See you later." she replied.

Aiah slightly shook her head. Hay, Gwen! Aiah recalled what she and Gwen talked about the other night.

"I noticed you've been talking a lot to Khae lately."

"Oh. Yeah... I find her nice. I thought at first she wasn't." Aiah said.

"She was not. I wonder what changed. I mean I wonder who made her change the old her."

"What d'you mean?" Aiah was curious.

"Well, almost 2 months ago, she was Mikhaelsa to everyone except for her friends."

"Mikhaelsa??" Aiah's eyes narrowed as she looked at her cousin.

"The Snow Queen" "The Ice Queen" Gwen continued.

"Ohhh... she was cold and distant?" Aiah asked.

"Yup, she was. She doesn't talk that much. She's in BA-Comm but doesn't communicate with people around her, ironic, right?" Gwen chuckled.

"Uh-hmm", Aiah was just listening. She wanted to know more about Mikhaela Lim. The girl she's been talking to a lot the past few days. She met her few weeks ago. They attend one class together, twice in a week. She remembered exchanging numbers with her when they were on their way to meet Yves and Gwen one day. They've been exchanging messages since then.

"Are you listening?" Gwen snapped her finger to get Aiah's attention. She seemed to be lost in thought. Gwen crossed her arms.

"Yeah, I'm listening. Tell me more..." Aiah said, she looked at Gwen again.

"Haha, I thought your name was Maraiah! Since when did you change it to Maritess?" Gwen laughed.

"Gwenny!" Aiah made a face.

"Okay, okay." said Gwen. "What do you want to know?"

"Tell me why she's like that." Said Aiah in a curious tone.

"Well, nobody really knows. Maybe her friends do. They are really close." Gwen said. She noticed how Aiah got interested in Khae. She smiled.

"I see... Hmm, I think they're really close. There was not a time when she does not text or call them. She tells me some random stuff about her friends, too." Aiah told Gwen.

"Oh, really? Well, that's new to me. The Mikhaela Lim I know isn't like that. She does not even greet back to people especially to those she doesn't know." Gwen said and recalled some instances when Khae used to also ignore her.

"Hmm, I kind of experienced that treatment from her, too." Aiah admitted to Gwen.

"Really? When?!" Gwen was curious. It was unlikely for her cousin to be ignored. "Huh, Mikhaela Lim, you really are something", Gwen thought.

Aiah told Gwen about what happened during her first and second encounter with Khae.

"But at least, it only lasted for few moments. Khae couldn't resist the charm of Aiah Arceta, methinks." Gwen smiled at Aiah.

"Hmm, I'm curious why she was like that. What could be the reason?" Aiah said.

"Maybe you'll know one of these days. I can see you two getting closer. She'll open up."

"Hmm, I hope so." I want to know you more, Khae. Aiah said while thinking about Khae.

"Do you like her?" Gwen asked abruptly.

"I'd like to get to know her more." Aiah admitted.