Chapter 26

The next day...

On Sundays, Ivy, Gwen and Aiah go to church and they usually bond after.

Gwen and Aiah looked at each other and turned their gaze back to Ivy. They just got in the car. Ivy waited for them.

"What?" Ivy asked. She noticed what the two did.

"Mom, it's raining! Why are you wearing sunglasses?"

Aiah was smiling.

"It helps improve my vision acuity."

"But your eyes are perfectly well."

"Gwen, we're late, no more questions. Fasten your seatbelts." She told the girls.

Khae just woke up. She looked at the clock on the bedside table. It's already 10 in the morning. She stayed up late last night. She drove around the neighborhood. She wanted to be alone. She needed time to think. Gwen's revelations somehow have affected her. Khae didn't expect that Aiah's dad is that strict. Made her thinking, what if he's even tougher when it comes to his only daughter? Do I stand a chance?

She checked her messages. She opened Aiah's first.

"Good morning, baby! I love you. 😘"

Khae replied to Aiah.

"Just woke up. Love you, too."

"We're on our way to church." Aiah texted back.

"Take care, baby. 😘"

She scrolled to see other messages. She got one from Reign. She opened it.

"Good morning! Here's a selfie to brighten up your day!"

Khae chuckled when she saw the attached picture. It's Reign's overly edited selfie. It's too bright that she couldn't almost tell it's her.

"LOL" Khae replied.

Monday...

"Hey, Khae! Saw your vlog. Congrats!" Yana told her when she saw her enter the room.

"Saw what?" Khae did not realize at first what was Yana saying.

"Your vlog with Reign. Saw it online. It's getting a lot of views."

"What?! Oh my gosh!" Khae feels embarassed. I don't want it to go viral!

All her classmates were talking about it.

Meanwhile...

Lindtsey, Francheska, and Nica are at their spot. It's their free time.

"Hey, girls, check this out!" Nica said.

"Mikhaela?!" Lindtsey and Francheska were shocked when they saw the thumbnail.

"No way! Are you sure that's her?!" Lindtsey could not believe it.

"Let's watch it." Nica said.

"Hi, girls!"