Chapter 48

"Do you go to the same school?" Chico asked Khae. He's been observing her since earlier. She's too quiet.

"Huh?" Khae was forced to look at Chico. She wants to ignore him but he keeps asking her.

"You and Maraiah..."

They are in the living room. It's just them two now.

"Oh, yeah", Khae answered. She's not comfortable exchanging words with him. She thinks of him as a competitor. A threat!

"Mom, can we talk later?" Aiah could not wait to go back to the living room. Khae and Chico are there.

"Aiah, you were being too obvious earlier. Your dad has started wondering what's up with you. If you want to keep this a secret for now, you better be mindful and cautious." Lou reminds Aiah.

"Chico seems attracted to Khae, Mom. And I'm not happy with it!I don't want him or anybody else around my girlfriend."

"I can see you really are into her. But Aiah, you can't control everything. You can't tell people to not admire or like her. She's too pretty to be ignored."

"Should I tell Chico about us then?"

"I don't know, sweetheart. We don't know where's his loyalty with. He might tell your dad..."

Oh, no. Mom's right. Aiah grimaced.

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you have a boyfriend Khae?" Chico bravely asked.

"Ehem--" Aiah heard Chico. And why the hell is he asking her that?!

Chico and Khae looked at Aiah. She's coming from the dining room. Both could tell she is not in a good mood.

"There you are, Maraiah. I thought you were not joining us anymore! Where's Tita?"

Aiah did not answer. She sat beside Khae.

"What were you talking about while I was gone?" She asked in a low voice.

"Nothing." Khae answered.

"Actually, I was wondering if--

"Chico, when are you going back to the States?" Aiah interrupted him.

"I don't know, no specific date yet but what I'm sure of right now is that it's not happening soon." Chico said that while looking at Khae.

Khae avoided Chico's gaze. What's wrong witht him? Tsk.

"What about going home to Cebu?"
Aiah asked. She just can't voice it out but she really wants Chico to leave as soon as possible.

"Oh, my original plan was to go home next week. But I just decided now; I'll be staying here longer."

"But why?!" Aiah couldn't hide the disappointment in her voice.

"Why do you sound so disappointed? Haha!" Chico was not really surprised by Aiah's reaction; he just wanted to annoy her more.

"Can we talk?"

"We're already talking..." Chico smirked.

"I mean, privately." Aiah answered impatiently.

"Excuse us for a minute, please." Aiah told Khae and stood up.

"Follow me" She then told Chico in a very serious tone. The latter had no choice but to do what Aiah said.

"What's wrong with you?" Aiah asked. They are in the garden.

"Nothing. Why? What did I do?"