Chapter 12

The next day...

The girls usually  gather before going to their respective classes. They make it a point to come earlier to school just so they can spend more time with each other.  They do that whenever possible.

"Hello, ladies!" Khae's energy is extra high; her friends noticed it.

"Wow, did you have energy drink for breakfast?" Francheska asked while paying more attention to her phone. She didn't even bother to look at Khae but she could tell something is up with her.

Khae just shrugged her shoulders. She woke up excited this morning. She usually wakes up late on Thursdays because she has only one class to attend to and it's in the afternoon. It is barely 9 o'clock and here she is. It is her first time to be this early.

"Wait, your class is at 3PM, right? Yves checked the timetable. She has a copy of all their class schedules. Yves usually plans for their group dates and other stuff.

"Uh-hmm" Khae confirmed.

"Why so early then? Did you and Tito fight?"  Lindtsey asked. Lindtsey is getting ready for her first subject that morning. She's now in third year; majoring in International Studies.

"No. 'Told you, I'm trying to fix things with him."

"Glad to hear that." Lindtsey remembered that conversation they had last time.

"How's your relationship with Tito, by the way? I notice you are not venting these past few weeks anymore." Lindtsey asked.

"True, I notice that, too", said Yves.

"I'm trying to understand him... I'm getting there..."

"Wow, you've matured Khae", said Francheska.

"We're happy you took the initiative to patch things up with your dad." Lindtsey said.

"Yeah, I listened to you that's why I am doing this. I'm trying my best to be better..."

"Aww..." The three said in chorus.

"I woke up early so I came early."

"Tell that to the marines, Mikhaela." Francheska does not seem convinced. Among the girls, she's the one who could easily sense or understand what's going on  around her just by merely feeling or observing. She's intuitive.

"I'm telling the truth." 'Woke up early."

"Okay, you woke up early, but why'd you come early?"

"You told us yesterday, you needed to go somewhere,  where did you go?" Lindtsey asked.

"I  also wonder where she went..." Yves added.

"Hmm, why are you playing detectives now? I guess you don't wanna  see me..." Khae pouted her lips and made a sad face.